Thursday 2 February 2023

You Make Me Smile with Pink Gem Designs

Hello everyone wishing you all a wonderful Thursday!

We're off to Granada today for a little window shopping and lunch in the Nevada shopping centre  - its ages since we've been there so I'm looking forward to a little retail therapy...shame there isn't a craft shop there ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜‚

On my blog today I have another card for Pink Gem Designs using a digital stamp from the Busy Owls set.  I have used the black line art stamp from this fabulous set which includes 6 different owls and the leafy branch for them to sit on.

If you don't like to colour then don't worry as there is a pre-coloured version of this set too. 

Octavia Owl has got a secret admirer and she cant wait to open her card - I wonder who its from ?  Maybe its from Oliver the Owl that I introduced you to already ?


I resized the owl and branch using graphics software to suit an A6 card before printing them out on alcohol friendly card stock and then coloured the main image using promarkers and fussy cutting.

Next I created the background panel first choosing a digital sentiment from Polkadoodles Winnie Daisy Fairy greetings bundle which I printed out and then I created my cloudy background using distress inks and a cloud stencil.  Once the panel was dry I added a little cross stitched detail to each side using a border die.

I've added just a few clear iridescent sequins around the design to finish it off.

I really hope that you have enjoyed my card today and will drop by again to see my next project.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Pink Gem Designs Dani Busy Owls digital stamp set
Polkadoodles digital Sentiment
Lawn Fawn Slimline stencil - Cloudy
Distress Ink - blueprint sketch, tumbled glass, wilted violet, picked raspberry
Sakura Gelly roll pen - black, white, metallic grey
Sugar & Spice Crafts sequins - enchanted



Promarkers used :

Owl
Eyes:                gold, buttercup
Beak:                mandarin, buttercup
Wings:              umber, praline, pastel beige
Breast & head:   caramel, burnt sienna, pastel beige

flower  :            amethyst, lilac, lavender
                        gold, pastel yellow, buttercup

Branch:             umber, cocoa, burnt sienna
                        forest green, bright green, leaf green

Envelope:          ice grey 2, 1, blender



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x