Tuesday 7 February 2023

Love and Kisses - Just Lovely Honeypie with Polkadoodles

Happy Tuesday everyone I hope that you are having a good week so far ! 



It's the start of a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!



Valentine's Day is not far away now and this week the DT was asked to make a Valentine themed card so I decided to make an easel card.

I don't really make lots of valentines cards but I do love sending love cards and I think this sweet image and sentiment would be perfect for lots of different occasions, anniversaries, birthdays or just to send a little love to someone any time of the year.

I chose to use a digital stamp from the  Honeypie Just Lovely collection  this one is called Sweetheart Balloons

The digital stamp was first resized on my computer to suit a 5" circle of cardstock  before printing out and colouring with my promarkers (see below for colours used)

I chose a sentiment from the Love Always sentiment bundle and a selection of different coordinating papers from the new Love Birds - Wings of Love collection


I started by creating an easel card from a standard 6" x 6" card blank and then used my circle dies to cut a couple of different sized circles adding a layer of paper to each one before adding these to my easel card.


My coloured Honeypie image was fussy cut and adhered to the circle panel using low profile foam tape and I've added extra heard elements and a banner for interest and extra texture.

The embossed heart base for my sentiment has add distress ink gently blended over the embossing detail.


Just a few pieces of confetti were then scattered around the design.

I hope that you like my card for today and will come back to see my next project


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Just Lovely Honeypie - Sweetheart balloon
Polkadoodles digital papers - Wings of love
Polkadoodles sentiment - Love Always collection
Lisa Horton Crafts dies - Nested Stitched Hearts
Lisa Horton Crafts dies - Torn edge Hearts
Tonic Verso layering hearts dies
La La Land Crafts - heart banner die
Craft concepts Embossing folder - Budding Vine
Distress ink - picked raspberry
Posca pen - white
Sakura Gelly Roll pen -  white, black, metallic jade, metallic pink
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - clear
Pretty Pink Posh confetti - Friendship mix


Promarkers used :

Skin:                 almond, blush, oatmeal, soft peach, dusky rose
                         pale pink, salmon pink

Hair:                 vanilla,caramel, sandstone, umber

Dress:               salmon pink, pastel pink,pale pink
                        soft green, mint green, tea green

Balloon:             soft green, mint green, tea green

Hair Bow:          salmon pink, pastel pink,pale pink
                        soft green, mint green, tea green
                        burgundy, poppy, lipstick red
                         

 (7) (1 of 5)

colorful options pink (89) unlimited
through the purple haze   (11) (2 of 3)  WINNER ! 
We love stamping  (34) (3 of 3)
Dragonfly Dreams  (24) (3 of 3)
Crafty Calendar Challenge add ribbon (0) (0 of 3)

                          
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x







9 comments:

  1. Your "circular" shaped easel card is lovely, Wendy, and so is the sweet character in the center. How nice to see your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have chosen a very pretty colour palette for you lovely easel card, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping February challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! The colors and details make for a beautiful design. Great coloring on this easel card. Thanks for sharing at Colorful Options February Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pastel color combination and the Circular easel card, Wendy! Thank you for sharing your darling creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge.
    Good Luck! Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute and such pretty colours you used too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card! Leanne - bylennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card. Adorable! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous design, Wendy - so cute!

    Thanks for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours on your easel card. It's so pretty! Thanks for joining the LeAnn's World 101 challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x