Tuesday 21 February 2023

Springtime Smiles - Bunny with Flowers with Polkadoodles

Happy Tuesday everyone I hope that you are having a good week so far ! Brr its still a bit chilly here at the moment...but its lovely and sunny and the cold makes us really appreciate the log burner in the lounge.  

Although its cold now there are signs of Spring everywhere in the garden and around the area.




It's that time again when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!


The theme set for the DT this week is Spring animals and I chose to use this super sweet Bunny with Flowers for my card today.

I love simple kinetic cards and todays is a really easy one to make but gives loads of space for extra papers and messages. 

Its a 6" x 6" flip card and I've incorporated a heart flip panel although you can make flip cards with different shapes and without dies too if you don't have any.

The card folds flat for posting but when you open it the heart panel flips over to reveal a hidden message.

For my flip panel card i have used a piece of cardstock that is 12" x 6" and then scored this along the 12" side at 6".  

I have also used a pencil to make a feint pencil line at 3". 

On the panel with the pencil line position the die shape , a heart in my case over this, lining up the die centrally over the pencil line.

The card can then be passed through the die cutting machine to partially cut the chosen shape.  I only want the heart shape cut on the left part of my top panel so you can do this easily by lining up the top cutting plate with the part that you want to be cut.

There are loads of excellent video tutorials showing how to do this and how to create different sizes of cards.  This is one I like by Sam Calcott of Mixed Up Craft that is great for explaining how to recreate these simple cards.

Once the card base is ready the fun part is decorating it.  I started by resizing the digital image from the Springtime Smiles - Bunny Rabbit with Bunch of Flowers on my computer to neatly fit my heart shape - its important that the image doesn't overhang the cut part of the heart as this will interfere with the movement of the card as its opened and closed.  

As always I coloured my image with Promarkers (colours listed below) and I've then used different coordinating papers from the Lets Hang Out paper bundle to decorate the card.

The sentiments I've used on the outside and inside of the card are from the Gnome for Spring bundle

To finish off the card I've used a flower punch - yes I still have these and use them every now and then 🤣🤣🤣, cutting out flowers from one of the papers before shaping them, adding Candi centres and glossy accents to the centres.

I hope that you like my card for today and will come back to see my next project


Hasta luego ðŸ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Springtime Smiles - Bunny Rabbit with Bunch of flowers
Polkadoodles digital papers - Lets Hang Out
Polkadoodles sentiments - Spring Gnome collection
Lisa Horton Crafts dies - Nested Stitched Hearts
Tonic Studios flower punch
Distress ink - twisted citron, peacock feathers
Simon Says Stamp Leafy Circle die
Craftwork Cards Candi
Glossy accents
Sugar and Spice Sequins - mojito 
Sakura Gelly Roll pen -  white, black



Promarkers used :

Bunny:               caramel, champagne, pastel beige
                         pale pink

T-shirt:              soft green, mint green, tea green

Stalks:               forest green, bright green, leaf green

Roses:               salmon pink, pastel pink,pale pink 

Leaves:             forest green, bright green, leaf green
                        tea green

Daisy:               gold, buttercup, pastel yellow
                        amethyst, lilac, lavender

Ladybug:          burgundy, poppy, lipstick red
                        black, cool grey 4,3
                         

                          
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x