Wednesday 17 August 2022

Pippa from Di's Digis

Hello everyone I hope that you are having a lovely day today ! its a little bit cooler here today and last night was good too so a good nights sleep was had.  I have to admit that I'm terrible if I don't get a proper sleep - extremely grouchy and not nice to be with ! 

Anyway, moving on ๐Ÿ˜‚... I wanted to share a card that I've just finished and I hope you like it.

A few months ago I won a free digital Stamp from Di's Digi Stamps for giving a name to one of her new digital stamps - so here is Pippa, shes available to purchase from Di's shop. Diane also has a challenge running currently on her blog page to make a card using Dies and/or punches so this is what I came up with.




I decided to create a Slimline or DL card for a change for this one using my Lisa Horton Crafts Nested Torn Edge Slimline dies.

I started off by using the straight edged rectangular die to cut a panel and then cut apertures in this using the smaller circle dies to create 3 windows in the panel.  I wanted the windows to be offset in the panel.  

Next I ran this window panel through my die cutting machine with an embossing folder to create a vine leaf pattern.  I've used my distress oxide inks over this panel to highlight the embossed detail. 

I used the larger torn edge die to cut my background panel and blended ink in circles roughly behind where the windows would be.  

I also splattered a little of the oxide ink over the entire bottom panel for extra little details.
The embossed panel was adhered on top using foam tape to give some added dimension before decorating the card.


The gorgeous image of Pippa has flowers and leaves at the bottom of the design so I wanted to continue this leafy swirl up the card.  I used a leafy flourish die and some small flower dies to create the swirl of flowers and then adhered Pippa to the card. Pippa was coloured in using Promarkers (details are below of colours used)

The leaves were coloured with Twisted citron ink and the little flowers were die cut from a left over inky background that I had created for another project.

I hope that you like my sunny card for today.


Card recipe:
Di's digital stamp - Pippa
Promarkers (see below)
LHC Slimline Dies Collection - Nested Torn Edge Slims
Craft Concepts Embossing folder - Budding vine
Flourish and flower dies from Crafters Companion
Distress oxide ink - Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade
Distress ink - twisted citron
Tonic Nuvo Crystal drops - ebony black
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Promarkers used :

Skin: almond, blush, oatmeal, soft peach dusky rose

Blush: pale pink

Eyes: marine, turquoise, pastel blue 

Lips: carmine, rose pink, pale pink

Hair:caramel, sandstone, buttercup, pastel yellow

Top: lilac, lavender, amethyst

Flowers: orange, pumpkin, mustard

Leaves: forest green, bright green



I am entering this card in the following challenges:


intaas (4)

















Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


Wendy x

43 comments:

  1. Great SL card design and lovely colored image. Thanks for playing along in the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous15:27

    Jennie from INTAAS here. Thank you for joining us with your sweet card and it’s lovely summery colours. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenny I’m pleased you like it x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at 613 The Avenue Create! Hope you'll join us on the Front Porch again soon!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - love how you created your background.

    Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea. Love your card. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judy I’m glad you liked it x

      Delete
  6. Lovely! The embossing and cut out circles are a great background for your adorable image. Great coloring. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create's August, "Anything Goes" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely image and card looks good as a Slimline card Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super card, a lovely design. Thanks for joining Aud sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment x

      Delete
  9. Such a pretty card with a cute image! Lovely layout and design. Thanks for playing along in Jan's Digital Images Challenge. ~Rebekah, Jan's Digital Images DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you like it and thanks so much x

      Delete
  10. I love your card. Thank you for sharing it with us over here at LeAn's World 101 and best of luck with your entry.
    Ilonka DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad you like it thanks so much x

      Delete
  11. It's beautiful, Wendy! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m really pleased that you like it and thanks for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  12. Delicate and fresh, Wendy! Thank you for sharing your feminine creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment I’m really pleased that you like it x

      Delete
  13. Wendy, this is lovely! You are fast becoming one of our super rockers! Thanks so much for spending time on our front porch at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say thank you so much x

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Mirtillamente, we love to see everybody’s entries. We are a home for creativity! Good luck and do come back!
    Hugs,
    Jackie,
    Mirtillamente DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful design and coloring. Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  16. Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card thanks for joining us at colour crazy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at 613 Avenue Create and we would love to see you in our future challenges
    Elaine DT

    AAA Birthday DT
    Mix it UP DT
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Peace on Earth DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you like it thanks so much xx

      Delete
  19. Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Youre card is so cute, thanks for sharing it with us at the LeAn's world 101 Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you coloured the embossing - simple, but so effective. The image is beautifully coloured, too. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Pattie's Creations - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment I’m pleased you like it xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x