Thursday 4 August 2022

Clean and Simple - Butterfly

Hello everyone....wishing you all a wonderful Thursday !

Our family arrived last night for a week long stay so I thought I would post a quick card made for a challenge that I wanted to try.

I love the look of CAS (Clean and Simple) cards but its definitely not an easy thing to create...I always want to add more and definitely add lots of embellishments and layers too but the brief for the blog challenge was 
  • One main focal point
  • Lots of clean / open / non-patterned / non-textured space (often called 'white space' although not necessarily white) Space with NO PATTERN and NO TEXTURE on it
  • Minimal or NO layers
  • Minimal embellishments
  • Quick and easy to recreate

Gosh - how difficult is that...so here is what I created and I hope that you like it !



I decided to use one of my favourite butterfly stamps from Lisa Horton Crafts, the stamp is a few years old now called Majestic Butterflies and was designed by Anne Ruffles. (At the time of writing this is still available from Lisa's online store and its on Sale too !) 

To create my simple background I carefully tore two strips of masking tape, to create an uneven edge and then adhered this to the cardstock before blending over this with distress inks, to create a vertical centre stripe.

Once the ink was completely dry I stamped the butterfly and the sentiment from the stamps set onto the panel using Versafine Onyx Black ink and my stamping platform to ensure that I got a clean and crisp impression.

Finally I coloured the butterfly using a simple palette of Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens to coordinate with the inked strip behind the butterfly and then the whole panel was die cut using my Pinkfresh Studios dies and layered onto a simple white A2(US) tent fold card blank.

Fingers crossed that it meets the challenge requirements - definitely something I need to practice !

I'm off now to enjoy a relaxing day by the pool, catching up, reading a little watching the children play and maybe a sneaky little colouring later on too.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ !


Enjoy the rest of your day !

๐Ÿ’–
Card recipe:

LHC Stamps - Majestic Butterflies
Pinkfresh Studios dies - Diagonal stitched Rectangles
Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed lemonade
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens - Tangerine, Firefly, Peach tree, Barn Red
Wink of Stella pen - Black gold

๐Ÿ’–

 I am entering this card in the following challenges:
















Colour Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes 




tic tac toe challenge #tictactoechallenge #tttc174 (Die Cut, Free, Embossing)

















Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

37 comments:

  1. WOW! This looks great in your striking colour choice

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I’m really glad you like it…I love hot and sunny colours x

      Delete
  2. Laurie Unger00:58

    Wow! This is gorgeous. Love the bright colors and that butterfly is wonderful. Thanks for playing over at LIM. -Laurie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment I’m so glad you like it xx

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely project Wendy. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really beautiful Butterfly, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping August challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  7. Beautifully colored CAS, Wendy! Thank you for sharing your shimmery card with us at Jan's Digi Blog challenge. Hope you will join us each month for a NEW challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jan I’m so pleased that you like it xx

      Delete
  8. A very striking CAS, love the idea of the torn masking for the background and the butterfly is original and beautifully coloured!
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I’m so happy you like it x

      Delete
  9. This is so nice. It goes perfectly with our theme “Anything Goes” at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  10. This is gorgeous. Your colouring is fantastic.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy, your project is stunning! We do love your work, so please remember to check the start date of our challenges. This project is so pretty and received so many votes, I am going to make an exception and add it to our Top Rockers because I think it would be great inspiration for our players.

    Thanks so much for sharing your awesome work with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and I’m so sorry..I will be very careful to check the dates next time xx

      Delete
  12. Congratulations! You were selected as a TOP ROCKER for the week of August 7th – 14th, 2022 at
    613 Avenue Create ! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge
    The Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much that’s so kind of you x

      Delete
  13. Wendy, your project is stunning! We do love your work, so please remember to check the start date of our challenges. This project is so pretty and received so many votes, I am going to make an exception and add it to our Top Rockers because I think it would be a great inspiration for our players.
    Thanks so much for sharing your awesome work with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sincere apologies again….I’m very new to entering blog challenges and am still learning… xx

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous and lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mervi for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  15. What a beauty this is Wendy the stamp and colours are lush thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I’m so happy you like x

      Delete

  16. What a smashing project!
    We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
    We really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Wendy, wow that is a stunning card! Your butterfly is amazing and I love your inked background. Love CAS myself as well and your card is a brilliant example of it.
    Many thanks for joining in with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge. Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much such lovely words xxx

      Delete
  18. A fabulous butterfly card, Wendy. I love the torn washi masked background and your butterfly colouring is superb! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” August Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I’m so so happy that you like it xxx

      Delete
  19. Absolutely fabulous! Love your coloring and beautiful CAS design, thank you for joining SheepSki Designs "Anything goes" challenge. I hope to see you joining our new "Feature a Creature" -challenge also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x