Saturday 20 August 2022

Island Dreams with Last Minute Manda



Happy Saturday everyone…..I hope that you are having a lovely weekend. 

Well the temperature is starting to ramp up again here and its predicted to get up to around 35C again today so a lazy day is planned and then we might wander down to one of the local bars later on today as there is a chilli festival being held there.  

The last time we went was in 2018! and I have a funny photo somewhere of my hubby JJ, after he's eaten a whole chilli - he thought it was a mild one but the watering eyes and hiccups that followed proved him very wrong ๐Ÿ˜‚.... even the bar owner thought it was funny !!

I'm back on my blog today to share another DT card for Last Minute Manda.

This card just about sums up my perfect beach, palm trees, cocktails and not a soul around with the sound of the waves gently crashing on the shore. Perfect!

To create this card I've used digital stamps from the Backyard Beach Party collection, coloured with my promarkers (see below).


To create my background, I masked off the horizon line on the card panel and then used my tumbled glass distress ink to create my cloudy sky with a Lawn Fawn stencil. The sea has been simply blended with Salty Ocean distress oxide.  The sentiment is an old stamp from a craft magazine, stamped in Versafine Clair ink with a little sparkle added to the open sections of the letters.

For the sandy beach I used my Lisa Horton Crafts Edgecutz dies and some sandy coloured cardstock. I added little dots of colour in the sand using my Spectrum Aqua pens to add some shading detail. 

I hope that you like my card today ๐ŸŒž


Card recipe:
Last Minute Manda digital stamps - Backyard Beach Party 
LHC Edgecutz die - essential edges
Promarkers (see below)
Distress oxide ink - Scattered Straw, Gathered Twigs, Salty Ocean
Distress ink - tumbled glass
Lawn Fawn Stencil - Cloudy
Sentiment stamp from a craft magazine from 2015
Versafine Clair ink - pinecone
Spectrum Aqua pens - Gold, Chestnut
Stabilo Fine liner pen - brown
Sakura gelly roll pen - white
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - clear
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Promarkers used :

Palm tree: Umber, burnt sienna, praline, sandstone, forest green, bright green, meadow green, henna, cocoa, caramel


Cocktail: Henna, cocoa, caramel, ivory, sandstone, china blue,salmon pink, pale pink, forest green, bright green, pumpkin

Sunglasses: marine, turquoise, cool aqua, cool grey 1, 2

Sun cream: Orange, gold, buttercup, indigo blue, royal blue, china blue




Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment.
 


 Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x