Friday 19 August 2022

Cactus Family with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone I hope that you are having a lovely day today ! 

It was lovely and fresh here this morning so I manged to get out into the garden and dead head my roses - its been on the cards for weeks but its been too hot by the time I've come round in the morning ๐Ÿ˜Š

I wasn't going to share another card so quickly this week but I watched a Facebook live with Lisa from Nifty Noodles Crafting the other day and thought that this  card shape would be perfect for a sweet little cactus image that I had already coloured in and was waiting to be turned into a card.

As many of you know I usually don't make many fancy fold cards - they can be fiddly and time consuming to construct and not great when opened by the recipient who then doesn't know how to display or even open the card.

But this one is called a Faux Stepper card and couldn't be easier and doesn't require any construction. I've seen a couple of videos on this simple card fold already by Paul Ford and also Sam Calcott but was persuaded by Lisa on Tuesday to give it a go and I'm so pleased that I did.


The very cute Cactus family digital stamp is from the recent Happy Cactus collection by Polkadoodles, coloured in with my Promarkers and I've also used papers and sentiments from the collection to create this card.

The cactus family comes as a black & white digital stamp or you can choose a beautiful pre-coloured version so perfect for anyone that doesn't want to colour in.







I chose 3 papers from the Happy Cactus collection and some co-ordinating green card stock to make the card base and started by stenciling a heart on my front panel for my cactus family. I also added the same ink around the green card stock and the edges of the patterned paper too.  

To create this card to fit a standard 5" x 7" envelope you need 2 pieces of card stock:
7" x 9 1/2" scored at 3 1/4", 6 1/2" and 8"
3 1/2" x 10" scored at 5" 


The card measurements and instructions for this simple card can all be found over on the YouTube for Paul Ford 
if you fancy making one yourself.

This is my card base fold and scored and as you can see I've added the patterned papers too with more of the same green ink to tie the card together.

I actually thought my green card was a bit pale and wanted a more vibrant green so the Twisted Citron ink really added the extra punch I wanted.  

Once I was happy with the colours I assemble the front panel using some strong red liner tap.



Next I created a panel for the back of my card, using the same spotty paper form the collection but as you can see I die cut an aperture in the panel so my sentiment will show on the back.

I also printed out a large banner sentiment for the from of the card and mounted this on the same green card stock.


This is the back of the card - so room to write your own message too.

  









I hope that you like my card today.















Card recipe:
Polkadoodles papers, sentiment and digital stamp - Happy Cactus Collection 
Promarkers (see below)
Distress ink - twisted citron, Picked raspberry
LHC Slimline Dies Collection - Nested Torn Edge Slims
Sakura gelly roll pen - white
Sequins from Sugar and Spice crafts - Mojito
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Promarkers used :

Baby cactus: forest green, bright green, meadow green

Mummy cactus: Moss green, pear green, lime green, orange, amber

Daddy cactus: holly green, lush green, emerald

Plant pot: antique pink, salmon pink, cocktail pink, pastel pink



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 



 Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x