Saturday 13 August 2022

Little Beach Bear with Last Minute Manda

Hello everyone I hope that you are having a lovely Saturday…..and managing to keep cool... it’s a bit hot here today and there is a hot wind too so that's meant  lots of indoors time time to try and keep cool.  Hopefully it will start to cool off a little in the next few hours or it will be another hot and sticky night ahead.
๐ŸŒž
I'm here today to share my first DT card for Last Minute Manda ( ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ 

I think I would like to be on the beach and splashing around in the sea to keep cool today ! 

I've used one of the digital stamps from the very cute 
Little Beach Bears  collection which is available from the Last Minute Manda shop on Etsy   and used my Promarkers to colour in the cute little bear with a bucket and spade.





I decided to also use a couple of additional digital stamps from the Backyard Beach Party collection to add to my beach scene card.







To create my beach background I started by masking off a small border around the edge of my card panel.   I like to use a very low tack clear masking tape to do this and use the lines on my glass mat to make sure the masked off lines are straight.

I decided to use Distress Oxides for this card as they give a more matt or chalky finish to the card, blending Salvaged Patine and Salty Ocean for my sky and Scattered Straw for the sand at the bottom of the panel.

To create waves I used one of my new stencils from Polkadoodles and Salty Ocean Oxide Distress ink.  Once I had blended the background I then splattered the panel with drops of water and mopped up the excess - this adds a little texture to the panel and looks really effective in the waves.  
๐ŸŒž
Once I was happy with the overall effect I allowed the panel to dry completely before removing the masking tape - this helps reduce any warping of the card.  Next I stamped a sentiment in the top right corner of the panel, using a navy Versafine Clair ink and added squiggly lines to the waves using my white gel pen to create the effect of foam.

The fussy cut bear, bucket and spade and the sunglasses were added to the card using foam tape and wet glue and finally I added dot detail to the sand using my spectrum aqua markers and applied glossy accents to the sunglasses lying on the sand.

I hope that you like my card today and it makes you feel a little cooler !
๐ŸŒž



Card recipe:
Last Minute Manda digital stamp - Little Beach Bears
Last Minute Manda digital stamps - Backyard Beach Party 
Promarkers (see below)
Distress oxide ink - Scattered Straw, Salty Ocean, Salvaged Patina
Polkadoodles Creative Stencil - Waves
Sentiment stamp from a craft magazine from 2015
Versafine Clair ink - Twilight
Spectrum Aqua pens - Terracotta, Chestnut
Glossy accents
Sakura gelly roll pen - white
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Promarkers used :

Bear: cocoa, burnt sienna, praline, caramel, sandstone, pale pink

Costume: salmon pink, cocktail pink, pale pink

Hibiscus: orange, pumpkin, gold, forest green, bright green

Bucket: gold, buttercup, orange, mandarin Duck egg, cool aqua, pastel blue

Sand: buttercup, honeycomb, gold

Ball: mandarin, honeycomb, gold, buttercup, duck egg, cool aqua, pastel blue

Shell: dusky pink, buttercup, praline

Sunglasses: orange, turquoise, cobalt blue, cool grey 1, 2

Bucket: marine, turquoise, cool aqua, Cool grey 1,2, orange, mandarin, pumpkin, buttercup, cocoa, caramel


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

intaas (29)







Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

18 comments:

  1. Another awesome creation! That background is pristine and the image is beyond adorable!

    Thanks for leaving another wonderful project on our Front Porch at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Card ..love the details .. the image is so cute .
    Thank you for joining us at LeAnn's World 101 Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at the Pearly SparklesChallenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background! Please check the guidelines for how many other challenges you can enter to be eligible for prizes at Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Critter Crazy challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at 613 Avenue Create and we would love to see you in our future challenges
    Elaine DT

    AAA Birthday DT
    Mix it UP DT
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Peace on Earth DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I’m glad you like it xx

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at Mirtillamente-Challenge Blog!
    \\Eve*mlj °owner & designer°° mirtillamente.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining us at challenge Le Ann's World 101 Challenge
    DT Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x