Friday 6 October 2023

Tis the Season to be Spooky with Pattie's Creations

Happy Friday everyone I hope that you are all well and have had a lovely week.

October is here already and for those of you that celebrate Halloween its not long now.  

It's not a big holiday here where we live and because we are in the countryside we don't get trick or treaters knocking on the door but the town hall usually marks the event with some fun activities for the children and there is usually a scary 'Tunnel of Fear' set up in the main plaza and lots of people dress up in costumes.

It's been another busy week here with the continuing work on the new bathroom and the craft room and I even managed to get out of all the dust and noise for lunch with the ladies on Wednesday, which was nice.

The first Friday of the month marks the start of a new Challenge for over on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog 




The challenge runs from the first Friday of the month and its an Anything Goes challenge as long as you use a digital or stamped image in your project, so why not join in the challenge.

Winners of the challenge will receive 2 digital stamps of your choice from Pattie's shop.

Pattie has some wonderful digital stamps in her Etsy Shop pattiescreations and there is also a freebie every month on the blog that you can use in your project if you want to!

For my October project, I chose the Bats over Pumpkin Patch digital stamp 

Today's card is all about Halloween and everything spooky so.  Its a simple 6" x 6" card with some fabulous bright Halloween papers from Polkadoodles.

I resized the image to suit my card blank before printing out onto alcohol friendly card stock and colouring with my promarkers (see below for colours used).

I decided  to try something different with my markers and created am arty sky behind the moon, inspired by a recent video that I watched on YouTube by 
thecircleguru - I was fascinated with the technique so had to give it a try. More practice needed I think but I'm please with the overall effect.  If you fancy watching here is a link to the video.  The effect is inspired by paintings by Vincent Van Gogh


To finish off the card I have added some confetti and the sentiment is from the new Hocus Pocus collection by Polkadoodles.

I do hope that you like my card for today and don't forget to join in with this months challenge over on the blog.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:

Pattie's Creations digital stamp - Bats over Pumpkin patch 
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Hocus Pocus - Ghastly Ghosts set
Polkadoodles papers - Going Batty collection
Sakura Gelly roll pens - white
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - black
This calls for confetti - Galaxy


Promarkers used :


Moon:          buttercup, primrose, warm grey 00, lavender

pumpkins:    burnt orange, orange, pumpkin
                   pesto, pear green, moss
                   lavender, lemon chiffon
                   khaki, caramel

Railings:       blue black, cool grey 7,5

Grass:          pesto, pear green, moss 
 


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x