Friday 20 October 2023

Eat Lots of Cake - Autumn Sweets with Last Minute Manda

Hello everyone wishing you all a lovely Friday.......I hope that you've had a lovely week! 

We've had another busy week and I have to say that I'm starting to find all the mess and noise etc very unsettling, work is going really well but I want my house back now, a little peace and quiet and I need some proper afternoon siestas! 

We've had a day out and lunch at one of the nearby beaches with friends and were out tomorrow for lunch with more friends so I shouldn't complain!




On my blog today I have another Autumnal card for Last minute Manda using another cutie from the Autumn Sweets Collection 

When we went to France in May this year we treated ourselves to some Macarons or French Macaroons, Saint-Émilion is renowned for them and oh my goodness they were delicious - very expensive but worth the treat.  I'm determined that once all the work is done and things are back to normal and dust free that I will have a go at making them.

Most of the information refers to them originating in France in a monastery in the 8th Century but they made it here to Andalucía or al-Andalus (where I live) in the early 11th Century. 


I chose this digital as it reminded me of our trip this year and how much I loved them.

I resized the gingerbread girl in my graphics software for a landscape A6 card and then coloured her with my Promarkers before fussy cutting out and adhering to the card.

I also decided to use the October sketch from BYSHC too, using up more of my crafty hoard of papers.  Love this layout with these vibrant autumnal papers.


The simple sentiment has been stamped and heat embossed in white, added to the design, following the sketch


I finished off my card today with some simple gold confetti, a few highlights of white gel pen and some clear sparkle over the Macarons.



Don't forget about the fun challenge currently taking place in the Last Minute Manda Facebook group!  to create a Halloween or Fall card/ project - the winner will be able to choose 3 stamp sets of their choice.  


The only rule is you must use one of the images from Last Minute Manda in your project - if you don't have any yet there are some freebies in the Facebook group ! or you can head over to the Last Minute Manda Store


Don't forget to use my special DT discount code Wendy25 to get 25% off your shopping !


I hope that you like my card today 🌞

Hasta luego 👋 

Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Last Minute Manda digital stamps - Autumn sweets collection 
Magazine papers
Woodware collection Clear Stamps - Francoise Read - Birthday Strips
WOW Super Fine Embossing Powder - Bright White
Sakura Gelly roll pen - white, black
Pretty Pink Posh confetti - gold



Promarkers used :

Gingerbread:    chocolate, light pecan, champagne

Nose & cheeks: pale pink, salmon pink

Dress:              pesto, olive green, herb green
Bow

Ricrac:              burnt orange, orange, pumpkin

Macarons:         raw sienna, honeycomb, apricot
                        sunflower, mustard, vanilla
                        lemon chiffon, pale cream

Pumpkin:          burnt orange, orange, pumpkin
                        pesto, olive green, herb green


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


Wendy x

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x