Tuesday 31 October 2023

Digi Choosday - October Birthday with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.  Wishing you all a lovely day today and that you enjoy the week ahead, I hope that you have something nice planned.

It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!


The theme set for the DT this week is an October birthday and to use a colour palette.


I think I've already mentioned that Autumn colours are probably my favourite colours in the garden and in the surrounding mountains where we live....I wish the leaves didn't make so much mess on the patios but hey ho...small things!

For todays card I decided to use one of the fabulous digi deals the Alcea Hollyhock digital stamp set, this is another wonderful set of flowers, pre-coloured and black and white and includes 5 coordinating papers and 5 sentiments.

I wanted to make a birthday card for my Auntie as its her birthday in October and she loves her garden so I thought this image would be perfect. 

Its a 5 x 7" card - and I started by adding one of the pre-coloured flower images to a panel of one of the digital papers in my graphics software, along with one of the sentiments from the set.  I wanted the image and sentiment to overhang the white border around the panel of the patterned paper, so resized the floral image and then copied this so I had another exactly the same size.

Next I have liberally splattered gold paint over the image panel, allowing this to completely dry before adding it to my card blank.

I used a metallic pen to draw a fine line around the paper panel just for an extra little detail.

The second flower stem was then fussy cut out, choosing some of the flowers and a few of the leaves - I wanted these to be in the foreground so mounted these using foam squares for dimension.

Finally I have blended a little distress ink over the popped up flowers, using two of the colours from the colour palette.

Gold metallic pen was used to add the flowers stems back into the image and then I have scattered gold confetti around the design.

 

I have a very special DT discount code that you can use for all your shopping on the Polkadoodles online shop at checkout use WENDYJ-10 and you will get 10% of your entire purchase (not in conjunction with other discount codes!)


I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles Digi Deal - Alcea Hollyhock Flowers Digital Stamp set
Distress Inks - aged mahogany, mustard seed
Pretty Pink Posh Confetti - gold
Lisa Horton Crafts Euphoria Watercolour paints - gold


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x