Tuesday 3 October 2023

Digi Choosday - Hocus Pocus - Halloween Icons with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.  Wishing you all a lovely day today and that you enjoy the week ahead, I hope that you have something nice planned.




It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!




The theme set for the DT this week is Halloween Icons.  When I saw this prompt I immediately knew I wanted to create a spooky night time scene with some distress oxide inks.

For todays card I decided to use some of the fabulous pre-coloured digital images from the newly released Autumn Fall Halloween Treats collection

I chose the spooky house and 3 of the bats and a sentiment from the Hocus Pocus collection and resized these to suit a DL card before printing out and then fussy cutting by hand.

Don't worry if your fussy cutting is a little bit wonky as its really easy to disguise any mistakes by using a black water based pen, carefully going around the outside edge of each image, from the back.  Don't use an alcohol marker as this could run and spoil the image.
 
Next  I cut a panel of card slightly smaller than my DL card base and then started to create my background with distress oxides.

I die cut 2 circles from plain paper, an outline and a mask for each, a set for the moon and a set that I would use for the grassy hill at the base.

For the hill, I lightly tacked the outline onto the card panel, using low tack tape and blended my green inks carefully keeping the lighter green at the top, this is where the moon would be casting its light. Then I lightly tacked the hill mask over the top of this to protect it from my background.

Next I used the moon outline and used the speckled egg ink to create my moon outline.

I then lightly tacked the moon mask over this and then used the chipped sapphire and seedless preserves to create the sky, filling in the rest of the white card panel.

Before removing both of these masks I lightly splattered the panel with water and then mopped up the ink leaving little white speckles across the sky.

I removed the hill mask and then used black soot ink to ink around the edges of the entire panel, before removing my moon mask.  Once this was removed I have added some little blotches of hickory smoke distress oxide ink over the moon and added a touch of chipped sapphire too, to soften the effect.

Once my background was complete and dry I adhered it to my DL card blank.

I then created the spooky scene, adhering the spooky house flat to the card and using foam tape and squares to adhere the bats and the sentiment sign at the bottom.

I used a couple of alcohol markers to add little grassy details on the hill.

To finish off the card I added just a few pieces of co-ordinating confetti to give a little magical sparkle to my card.

I have a very special DT discount code that you can use for all your shopping on the Polkadoodles online shop at checkout use WENDYJ-10 and you will get 10% of your entire purchase (not in conjunction with other discount codes!)


I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles Digital Stamps - Hocus Pocus - Autumn Fall Halloween Treats
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Hocus Pocus - Ghastly Ghosts
Distress Oxide Ink - seedless preserves, chipped sapphire, speckled egg, hickory smoke, twisted citron, rustic wilderness
Distress Inks - black soot
This Calls for Confetti - galaxy


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x