Tuesday 1 November 2022

November birthday with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone wishing you all a happy Tuesday.

Today is Digi Choosday and the start of a new challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog



Every Tuesday is DIGI CHOOSDAY! over at Polkadoodles which means not only a brand new crafty 'Anything goes' challenge but also that you get an amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!

Why not head over and take a look as it would be wonderful if you could join in as there are prizes to be won !


This week the DT was asked to make a winter birthday card but use no red or green and make a stepper or an easel card.


My Bestie has her birthday in November and she loves the film Frozen so I thought this would be the perfect image. 

The digital stamp is from the Winnie Winter Celebrations collection and is called Frozen Birthday and I've coloured it using my Promarkers using a purples and blues for my colour palette.  
This digital comes as a black and white image or pre-coloured if you prefer.

To make my stepper card I cut 2 pieces of mulberry coloured card stock

  • 7" x 9 1/2" scored at 3 1/4", 6 1/2" & 8"
  • 5" x 10" scored at 5"
I wanted to make a card to fit a 5 x7 envelope and have a slightly larger centre panel. This is actually a Faux Stepper card as its a lot easier to make and there are loads of instructions on the internet and YouTube if you want to make one similar - mixed up craft has some easy to follow instructions for different versions.

The papers I chose are from 2 collections, Winnie Winter Wishes bundle and the Lou the teacher bundle

My happy birthday sentiment is from the Winnie Daisy Fairy Greetings bundle and I've printed this onto vellum and cut into a simple banner shape.

To finish off my card I've added a few sequins, cosmic shimmer twinkles and die cut a couple of small snowflakes from the papers.


I hope you like my card for today and don't forget to join in with the 'Anything goes' challenge over at the DIGI CHOOSDAY BLOG!
 
❄❄❄ 

Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Frozen Birthday
Polkadoodles Winnie Daisy Greetings bundle
Polkadoodles digital papers - Winnie Winter Wishes
Polkadoodles digital papers - Lou the Teacher bundle
Crafters Companion Snowflake die
Cosmic Shimmer Twinkles - Icicle Blue
Sakura Gelly Roll pens - stardust, white, black, blue glitter
Craftelier sequins
.
.
.
.
Promarkers used:

Winnie

Skin:                    almond, blush, oatmeal, soft peach, dusky rose, pale pink (blush)

Coat:                    midnight blue, china blue, cornflower

Scarf & Mittens:    amethyst, lilac, lavender

Hair:                    vanilla, caramel, sandstone, umber

Underskirt:            ivory, lavender

Party Hats:            maroon, mulberry, cerise

Snowman:            pastel blue, blender
                            umber, caramel
                            burnt orange, pumpkin
                            amethyst, lilac, lavender





Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


Wendy x

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Wendy briliant colouring x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annie - I'm loving colouring again xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x