Tuesday 29 November 2022

Christmas Kitty Pocket Fold Card with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone wishing you all a happy Tuesday.


Today is Digi Choosday and the start of a new challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog




It's DIGI CHOOSDAY! over at Polkadoodles which means not only a brand new crafty 'Anything goes' challenge but also that you get an amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!


This week the DT was asked to make a winter card with a pocket on the front using only animals. 

For my main focal point I chose this very cute Christmas Kitty digital stamp from the Winnie White Christmas bundle .  This little cutie definitely reminds me of one of our kitties so I coloured him up as a ginger kitty.

For my card I made a front pocket fold card.

I started with a piece of cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and then scored this at 4 1/4" along the long side, folded and burnished to make my card blank. The finished card fits a standard C6 envelope.

Next on the front panel of the card I measured along the short edges 2 3/4" on either side and made a small pencil mark and then measured 2 3/4" along the long edge, again making a small pencil mark.

Using
 my scoreboard I scored between each mark to the centre point, creating two triangles, scoring and burnishing so that these flaps folded up to make an arrow shaped pocket on the front.

To make the pocket itself - I cut a triangular piece of the same cardstock to adhere across the two triangular flaps.
 
I then chose papers from Baked with Love set, Winnie Christmas Wishes and the new Gingerbread Holly  collections to coordinate with my purple base card.

To finish off the card I cut two fancy border strips from matching cardstock and added sparkly gemstones (you cant have too much bling at Christmas).

I added a sentiment from the Winnie White Christmas sentiments set, that I had printed onto vellum to the front panel layer of my card.  


I wanted to create a removable tag to sit inside the card pocket so die cut two hearts from matching card, adhering these back to back - I only put glue at the top of the hearts so the tag would slot over the pocket. I cut an additional heart from matching paper and then adhered the very cute ginger kitty to the front of the tag using foam tape.

I decided to add an extra sentiment from the Baked with Love collection to the back of the tag.  


I hope that you like my card for today and will come back to see my next project


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Winnie White Christmas - Christmas Kitty
Polkadoodles digital papers and sentiment
Lisa Horton Crafts dies - nested stitched hearts
Crafters Companion border die
Cosmic Shimmer Twinkles - Icicle blue
Sakura Gelly Roll pen -  white, black
Pretty Pink Posh gemstones - Sugar Plum
Ribbon


Promarkers used :

Kitten:               salmon pink, pale pink
                         pumpkin, apricot, pastel yellow
                         orange, peach, soft peach
                    
Hat:                   amethyst, lilac, lavender
                         lavender, ivory

Present:             turquoise, mint green, pastel green 

Tag:                   praline, pastel yellow

Bow:                  amethyst, lilac, lavender

                    



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x