Friday 4 November 2022

Christmas Poinsettias with Pattie's Creations

Hello everyone it's Friday ! Yay.....Still the best day of the week in my opinion! 

Today marks the start of a new Challenge over on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog and I'm so happy to have been invited to join the design team.

The challenge runs from the first Friday of the month and its an Anything Goes challenge as long as you use a digital or stamped image in your project,  so why not join in the challenge - Winners of the challenge will receive 2 digital stamps of your choice from Pattie's shop.

Pattie has some wonderful digital stamps in her Etsy Shop pattiescreations and there is also a freebie every month on the blog that you can use in your project if you want to!

For my first project, as I'm now in full blown Christmas card making mode, I chose to use the Poinsettias In Flower Pot digital stamp

I love having Poinsettias at Christmas and we are very lucky that once Christmas is finished we can plant them out in the garden and they seem to do well as long as we remember to water them !

For my A2 (US size) card today I had a rummage through my crafty stash and found some beautiful designer paper left over from another project with little hints of gold foiling so this was the inspiration for my card.

I created my background panel by adhering two strips of the paper to the edges of a piece of white card and then used my favourite Pinkfresh Studio diagonal Stitched edged dies to cut out this panel.  I cut an additional layer of white using the smaller of the 2 stitched dies and added.

To create my focal piece I resized the Poinsettia digital stamp in my graphics software on the PC, the actual image is approximately 3 1/2 " or 90cm in height.

I printed this out twice, one for my background that I would ink over and the second to be coloured using my Promarkers...You could easily mask this image but I thought it would be easier to fussy cut a second image.

I also used my software to select 2 of the little flowers and printed these out too to be coloured.

To create my coloured back ground panel I blended Candied Apple and Scattered Straw distress oxide and then splattered this with water droplets and some gold metallic paint from Lisa Horton Crafts. I love the warm glow these two colours adds to the card.

Once I had coloured and fussy cut my design I adhered the coloured image over the inked panel and added the two separate flowers on small foam pads to give dimension to my card.  

I used a pale grey watercolour pen to colour the white edge of my fussy cut elements. 

Just a few dots of gold metallic pen to the flower centres and a simple Christmas sentiment were all that was needed to finish off this sweet little card.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Pattie's Creations digital stamp - Poinsettias in a Flower Pot
Designer Paper - from a craft magazine
Pinkfresh Studio essentials dies - Diagonal Stitched Rectangles
Distress Oxide Ink - Candied apple, scattered straw
Lisa Horton Crafts Euphoria watercolour paints - gold
Spectrum Aqua pen - slate
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - gold


Promarkers used :

Flowers:           burgundy, poppy, lipstick red   

Leaves:            forest green, bright green, leaf green
                       
Plant pot:         gold, mustard, pastel yellow       
                        
 


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, First of all, I want to say Welcome to our Design Team at Pattie's Creations! I just love your creation for this months challenge. I love when someone uses the Fussy Cut technique.
    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for having me on the team ! I love adding layers to my cards and thought this beautiful digital stamp was perfect for it. ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x