Thursday 1 December 2022

Gingerbread Holly - Putting up the Tree with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone - Happy Thursday and a very happy December!..

It's the first day of December and we are putting up our Christmas decorations today - yeah I love this time of year.

My twisted easel card for today is using a digital stamp very appropriately called Putting Up the Tree from the Gingerbread Holly collection by Polkadoodles.


I love putting up the decorations in the house as it makes it feel warm and cozy  and it looks like Ginger is having fun with his Christmas tree too - I hope he manages to untangle those lights.

My card today is a simple 6" x 6" twisted easel and I've added a ring of flowers and baubles. 

The papers are from the Baked with Love collection - paper heaven 2 , the flowers and leaves are from the foliage set and the sentiment is from the sentiments set

I love how the new Gingerbread Holly stamps work perfectly with the older Baked with Love collection.

To create my circular frame I die cut to circular frames of Kraft card and then die cut a piece of acetate to match - the acetate is adhered between the two circular hoops.  If you wanted you could easily create a shaker panel for this card but I decided to add dots of white acrylic paint to the acetate, to look like snow.

To create the baubles, I imported the digital image into my graphics software and then enlarged the small baubles from the digital stamp, making them large enough to add to my hoop.

The digital stamp and baubles were coloured with my promarkers before being adhered to my card.

I added some Tonic Nuvo drops for the centres of my poinsettias.
 
I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from this cute new  Gingerbread Holly collection


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Putting up the tree
Polkadoodles digital papers, embellies and sentiment
Lisa Horton Crafts dies - torn edge circles
Tonic Nuvo Crystal drops - bright gold
Sakura Gelly Roll pen -  white, black
Posca pen - white



Promarkers used :

Ginger:            pastel beige, sandstone, caramel
                       pale pink
                       lavender, ivory 

Tree:                forest green, bright green, leaf green

Baubles:          burgundy, poppy, lipstick red
                       amethyst, lilac, lavender
                       gold, sunflower, buttercup
                      




Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x