Monday 31 July 2023

Happy Holidays with Pink Gem Designs

Hello everyone and a happy Monday... I hope that you had a lovely weekend.

We went out for dinner last night to celebrate the birthday of one of our friends and then cooled off in our pool with music and cocktails - it was a great night but were both feeling a little jaded today - too much heat, food and alcohol, so were currently chilling and snoozing to catch up on some sleep.

It was another hot day up at 38C and I think the heat it taking it's toll now too.

As its the last day of July I had to post another Christmas card as the Christmas in July draws to a close so I  decided to make a card made for for Pink Gem Designs using the newly released Christmas Kittens digital stamp set.


You all know how much we love our kitties so this is the perfect set of stamps for me!

The set of digital stamps and includes 8 black line art images and 2 sentiments for you to use.  

This is a sweet card A2 (US Size), with a simple striped background on the card base. 

I created the design using my graphics software adding one of the kittens the tree and a little mouse, resizing each to suit my design before printing out on alcohol friendly card and colouring with my promarkers (see below for colours)


To create my scene for the card I cut a panel of white cardstock using a stitched edge border die and then blended a little blue ink onto this behind the focal image and used the same distress ink to add snowy hills.

Just a simple strip sentiment and then some sparkle and shimmer were added to the snowflakes, baubles and the star.  I've blended a tiny amount of yellow distress ink behind the star too to give it a glow. 

I really hope that you like my card today and it would be lovely if you you leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Pink Gem Designs digital stamp - Christmas Kittens
Lawn Fawn Clippings Stencil - Slimline Hillside
Distress Ink - tumbled glass, squeezed lemonade
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - clear
Sakura Gelly Roll Pens - Black, White
Pinkfresh Studio essentials die - 
Cosmic Shimmer Twinkles - Icicle blue
Lisa Horton Crafts sentiment strip



Promarkers used :

Kitten:                salmon pink, pale pink
                          ice grey 4, 3, 00

Mouse:               warm grey 4, 3, 2, 1
                          salmon pink, pale pink

Clothes:              hot pink, carmine, cerise
                          petrol blue, marine, turquoise

Christmas Tree:    pine, forest green, bright green

Star:                   gold, sunflower, mustard
                    
Baubles:              gold, sunflower, mustard
                          hot pink, carmine, cerise
                          petrol blue, marine, turquoise


                      
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x