Thursday 27 July 2023

You are Beautiful Inside and Out - New Release - Coral the Mermaid - with Polkadoodles

Hello and happy Thursday everyone...I hope that you are all enjoying the week.

I'm back today on my blog to share of my cards using the gorgeous new Coral the Mermaid Collection by Polkadoodles 

Don't forget for a limited time there is a 40% discount available off this collection so I would encourage you to take a look.




Coral is a fabulous and fun collection of  6 mermaid character digital stamps.  There are also lots of extra elements, background scenes, beautiful papers and co-ordinating sentiments.

For todays card I was inspired by a recent card I saw the amazing Kelly Taylor make using an acetate overlay - here is a link to the video that inspired me to make my card.

I've made quite a few cards with acetate overlays in the past and I love them in real life as they give the card loads of depth to a scene but they are a nightmare to photograph!  So a huge thanks to Nikky at Polkadoodles for working her magic with my photo ! 

I used one of the background scenes - Fish ocean sea underwater scene and chose the Swimming Coral Mermaid for my main image resizing these in my graphics software to fit an A6 (UK Size) card.  I also  copied the angel fish from the background scene and resized as I wanted 3 of these on my final project.  When I was happy with all the elements for my card I printed these out on Alcohol marker friendly cardstock and then coloured with my promarkers before fussy cutting out.

I also chose one of the papers from the collection and printed this out stamping a sentiment from the Mixed Flowers Anemone set stamped with Versafine Clair ink onto the background paper before adhering to a panel of cardstock slightly smaller than my card blank.


Next I have adhered the seafloor to the bottom of the design and Coral in the centre of the card.

I have then taken a piece of acetate slightly wider than my card panel and wrapped this around the left hand edge adhering with strong tape to the back of the design panel - this way the acetate wont be seen at the back of the card but will look like a cover to the card.

I have then added the design panel with its acetate overlay to the front of my card base and then used glue to adhere the 3 extra fish to the top surface of the acetate.

When the card is stood up or laid flat it looks as though the little fish are swimming in front of the mermaid who is in the background.  Such as easy but really effective design.
 
Just a touch of clear sparkle pen was added to the image on the mermaid's tail and the goldfish to make it a little bit more magical.


I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Swimming Coral
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Fish Ocean Sea Underwater Scene
Polkadoodles digital paper - Coral Papers
Polkadoodles Mixed Flowers Stamps - Beautiful Anemone
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Clear
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - white, black




Promarkers used :

Skin:                 almond, blush, oatmeal, soft peach, dusky rose
                        
Blush:               pale pink


Hair:                orange, mango, peach
Top

Tail:                  verdigris, pebble blue, pastel blue

Starfish:           gold, sunflower, mustard

Angel Fish:        gold, sunflower, mustard
                        Egyptian blue, azure, sky blue

Goldfish:           gold, sunflower, mustard

Coral:               orange, mango, peach

Sea weed:        forest green, bright green, meadow green
Sea Tomato

Sea Cactus:       hot pink, carmine, cerise

Conch Shell:      oatmeal, pale pink, dusky pink

Rocks:              warm grey, 1, 2, 3, oatmeal

Sand:               oatmeal, ginger

                         

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x