Friday 1 September 2023

Good Times - Beach Time with Pattie's Creations September Challenge

Happy Friday everyone I hope that you are all well and have had a lovely week.

The first day of September for me marks the start of things getting back to normal after the summer holidays, especially here in Spain as things definitely seem to close over August with it being so hot.  We have family staying at the moment and its still beautiful hot sunny weather with the promise of cooler nights on the horizon.

Today also marks the start of a new Challenge for September over on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog 



The challenge runs from the first Friday of the month and its an Anything Goes challenge as long as you use a digital or stamped image in your project, so why not join in the challenge.

Winners of the challenge will receive 2 digital stamps of your choice from Pattie's shop.

Pattie has some wonderful digital stamps in her Etsy Shop pattiescreations and there is also a freebie every month on the blog that you can use in your project if you want to!

For my Septembers project, I chose the Beach Time digital stamp.  As the holiday makers start to leave and return to work etc that's my favourite time to visit our beautiful beaches nearby, whilst the see is still warm and perfect for swimming and snorkelling and reading a good book listening to the waves.
 
Today's card is all about the perfect peaceful scene that Pattie has drawn and didn't really need anything adding at all.  I've used an A6(UK size) card blank and resized the image to suit before printing out onto alcohol friendly card stock and colouring with my promarkers (see below for colours used).

I decided the used distress inks to create my sky and sea and have fussy cut the main image before mounting onto the inked panel.  I added a little white pigment ink into the sea to give it some movement.

For the shore line I've used white acrylic paint, simply splotching it along the line to add sea foam and give it texture too!

No sparkle today as I really didn't want to spoil the scene!

I do hope that you like my card for today and don't forget to join in with this months challenge over on the blog.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:

Pattie's Creations digital stamp - Beach Time
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Winnie Daisy greetings bundle
Distress ink - tumbled glass, peacock feathers, salvaged patina
Lawn Fawn Clippings stencil - Slimline Cloudy
Ranger Pigment Ink - Glacier white
Acrylic paint - white
Creative Craft Products - Water Stencil
Sakura Gelly roll pens - white, gold 


Promarkers used :


Umbrella:        soft green, pastel green, tea green
                      yellow, buttercup, primrose
                      coral, soft peach, lemon chiffon
                      ice grey 3, 00

Beach
Bag:               coral, soft peach, lemon chiffon
                      soft green, pastel green, tea green

Towel:            yellow, buttercup, primrose

Deck
Chair:            umber, caramel, praline, sandstone

Sand:            apricot, saffron, bisque


 

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x