Tuesday 19 September 2023

Digi Choosday - Autumn Colours with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.  Wishing you all a lovely day today and that you enjoy the week ahead, I hope that you have something nice planned.



It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!



The theme set for the DT this week is Autumn Colours which are probably my favourite colours in the garden and in the surrounding mountains where we live.

For todays card I decided to use one of the fabulous digi deals Mr Sox the Fox - he is just the cutest fox I think and the digi deal is such great value as it includes a black and white version, 2 pre-coloured images, 6 papers and 2 sentiments. 

I wanted to make a 5 x 7" popup frame card - I'm loving these at the moment as they are so easy to make and create perfect little scenes.  This time I have created a landscape version.


For the pop up element I have used a piece of rust coloured cardstock measuring 5 " x 10", to match the Autumn theme for my project, scoring this along the long edge at 1/2", 1 1/2" & 2" on both ends.

There is a great tutorial on YouTube tutorial by Jennifer McGuire, showing how to make these make a popup up frame cards.   If you haven't seen the video here is the link.


I know lots of crafters who don't like to colour digital or stamped images, for lots of different reasons and I wanted to show that you can make some really beautiful cards with the pre-coloured digital images and a little fussy cutting and layering/ decoupage.

The aperture in the frame part of the card was cut using a couple of nesting dies and I used the leafy pattern paper from the digi Deal to cover the frame 

Once my base card was created it was time for some inky fun!  

I wanted to add lots of Autumn colours to the leafy pattern paper for the background inside the panel and also for lots of leaves so I used 5 of my distress inks to blend colour and then used the same inks to splatter drops of colour all over the paper.

You can see the difference it makes in this photo - just don't add too much water.

I also used my leaf stamps from Polkadoodles to stamp lots of leaves in brown ink before fussy cutting these out, lots of fussy cutting but I find it very relaxing!

For my main Fox image for the scene, I used the pre-coloured image adding a smaller fox in front of Mr Sox in my graphics software on my computer, printing this out 3 times as I wanted to decoupage the foxes for extra dimension.  I also printed out the Autumn sentiment from the Halloween Trick or Treat collection and stamped Sunshine in brown ink below this.

I also die cut two trees from the same rust coloured cardstock and adhered these onto the background, inside the card panel. 

The foxes were adhered to a thin strip of acetate which is glued into the popup mechanisms on either side of the frame, so the foxes appear in the foreground and then I have adhered my fussy cut out leaves and the sentiment panel to finish my Autumn woodland scene.

I love all the texture and dimension that the distress inks have added to the background and the leaves - just like autumn leaves on the trees.



And the best part is the entire card folds flat for posting!




To finish off the card I added just a few pieces of co-ordinating confetti and some glossy accents to the foxes noses. 


I have a very special DT discount code that you can use for all your shopping on the Polkadoodles online shop at checkout use WENDYJ-10 and you will get 10% of your entire purchase (not in conjunction with other discount codes!)


I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles Digi Deal - Mr Sox the Fox
Polkadoodles Craft Stamps - Mixed Flowers - Wild Sunshine
Polkadoodles Craft Stamps - Mixed Flowers - Lily Vase
Polkadoodles Craft Stamps - Mixed Flowers - Anemone
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Halloween Trick or Treat Greetings
Distress Inks - barn door, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, vintage photo, mowed lawn
Lisa Horton Crafts Dies - Set the Scene - Garden Greenery
Versafine Clair - Pinecone
Pretty Pink Posh Confetti - rose gold
Glossy accents


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x