Tuesday 5 September 2023

Digi Choosday - Let's Go for a Picnic with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.  Wishing you all a lovely day today and that you enjoy the week ahead, I hope that you have something nice planned.





It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!



The theme set for the DT this week is Food/BBQ/Picnic and to use this colour palette



So I chose to use a pre-coloured digital image from the Winnie Special Moments collection called Let's Go for a Picnic




I know lots of crafters who don't like to colour digital or stamped images, for lots of different reasons and I wanted to show that you can make some really beautiful cards with the pre-coloured digital images and a little fussy cutting and layering.

I chose some extra butterflies, trees and grass and printed these out onto some lighter weight card stock (250GSM) along with the pre-coloured digital image.
 
I started by creating my base card for today which is an M- fold card, I have used a 6 x 6" card blank and an extra piece of card that measures 5 1/4" x 9 1/2".

The base card blank was completely covered with a piece of pretty gingham paper and then I have scored the additional card along the long side at 2" and 4" , folding these concertina style.

I added the digital sentiment and two butterflies from the embellishment bundle before printing out the green digital paper and then adhering this to the larger panel of the scored card.


Next I have adhered this scored card to the main 6"x 6" card centrally so the gingham is visible.

I added additional blue paper to the bottom of the lower fold and then adhered all my fussy cut out images to create this sweet little scene.




To finish off the card I added just a few pieces of co-ordinating confetti and some cosmic shimmer sparkle to the water around the stepping stones. 



When me and JJ go walking in the mountains, I can guarantee that he always has to help me cross over little streams and rocks just like Winne and Rocco

I have a very special DT discount code that you can use for all your shopping on the Polkadoodles online shop at checkout use WENDYJ-10 and you will get 10% of your entire purchase (not in conjunction with other discount codes!)


I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Winnie Special Moments - Let's go for a Picnic
Polkadoodles Digital Paper - Winnie Special Moments - Paper Heaven 1, Paper Heaven 3Paper Heaven 4 
Polkadoodles Digital Embellishments - Winnie Special Moments - Embellishments bundle
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Winnie Special Moments - Quotes
Pretty Pink Posh Confetti - Friendship
Cosmic Shimmer - Cosmic Twinkles - Icicle Blue
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - white, black


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

1 comment:

  1. Deborah Hellman22:30

    Wonderful... I like the M fold

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x