Friday 5 January 2024

Let it Snow with Patties Creations

Happy Friday everyone I hope that you are all well and have had a lovely first week of the year.

Tonight here in Spain we celebrate the arrival of the 3 Kings (it's not looking good so far for the town procession sadly as we finally have some long awaited rain, but I'm sure the kings will manage to get here ok anyway)

The first Friday of the month marks the start of a new Challenge for December over on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog 




The challenge runs from the first Friday of the month and its an Anything Goes challenge or our theme for January is Snow/Snowmen, as long as you use a digital or stamped image in your project, so why not join in the challenge.

Winners of the challenge will receive 2 digital stamps of your choice from Pattie's shop.

Pattie has some wonderful digital stamps in her Etsy Shop pattiescreations and there is also a freebie every month on the blog that you can use in your project if you want to!

For my January project, I chose the Kitty Snowman digital stamp and made a simple a6 (UK size) card.  I resized the image to suit and printed it out before colouring with Promarkers.  The sentiment in my design panel is from the Jolly Santa collection by Polkadoodles.

This is a one layer card and the background has been created by blending distress inks to create a wintery sky, adding water splatters and then splatters of white ink for the snow.

To finish off the card I added a layer of navy card behind the panel.....

I do hope that you like my card for today and don't forget to join in with this months challenge over on the blog.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:

Pattie's Creations digital stamp - Kitty Snowman
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Jolly Santa - Sentiment bundle
Distress Inks - salty ocean, wilted violet
Winsor & Newton Calligraphy Ink - white
Sakura Gelly roll pens - white, black



Promarkers used :

snow kitty:          cool aqua, blender
                          pale pink

carrot:                burnt orange, orange, pumpkin

twigs:                 umber, cocoa, burnt sienna

scarf:                 burnt orange, orange, pumpkin
buttons              forest green, bright green, leaf green 



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

3 comments:

  1. Your background is incredible! Such a fab card,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how sweet Teamie, love your snowman and brilliant background xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,
    I just think your coloring is perfect! I love this card! Thanks for being on our Design Team.
    Hugs,
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x