Sunday 28 January 2024

My New Stamp - AALL & Create #996 - Seeds of the World by Tracy Evans

Hello everyone Happy Sunday I hope that you are enjoying the weekend...the weather here is still really warm during the day and the snow on the Sierra Nevada behind us has nearly vanished - its not looking good for our long hot Summer ahead.   If things carry on getting warmer and there is less and less water then we are going to have to really reconsider the planting in our garden.

I really enjoying my inky play time the other week, just creating so am going to try to have at least one day each week where I just aim to create something.

So here is another card that I've made using one of the gorgeous stamps from the AALL & Create goody box that I treated myself to.

Todays card is definitely all about the texture !


I started off by stamping the design twice, once using Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink and the second time using Pinecone Versafine Clair ink, applying clear embossing powder to this and heat setting.  I fussy cut out the floral circle from the design, added a small amount of brown distress ink around the edge and adhered this onto the embossed panel using craft foam for dimension.  I blended a little twisted citron ink around the edge of the embossed panel.

Next I created my background panel. 

I used a couple of pieces of an old book page and added several layers of distress ink to this in a fairly random way.  

Once completely dry I adhered the inked book page to a panel of chocolate brown card and then using an embossing folder to create texture.

The next step was to apply white gesso over this panel, allowing little pops of the colour and text in the background to show through.


Once the gesso was dry I then applied twisted citron distress ink over the white gesso, again leaving some parts white.

I tore the edges of a piece of green handmade paper and adhered this to the background panel and then added some fibrous threads onto this before finally adhering the stamped and embossed focal point.

To finish off my card I added a sentiment strip and a quote and then some pieces of gold confetti around the design.

The texture of this card is wonderful and I love all the little details and hints of colour peeping through the design. 


Card recipe:

AALL  & Create Stamp -  #996 Seeds of the World
Distress Oxide Ink - Twisted Citron
Versafine Clair ink - Pinecone
Distress Ink - carved pumpkin, fossilized amber, rusty hinge, twisted citron, rustic wilderness, vintage photo
Cosmic Shimmer Detail Embossing powder - clear
Pebeo Gesso - white
Crafters Companion Embossing Folder - gunmetal
Posca Pen - green metallic
Jute threads
Pretty Pink Posh Confetti - Gold
Quotes - typed on my computer, The Difference In The Shades by Bright Eyes




Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x