Tuesday 23 January 2024

Digi Choosday - Valentines Day - Lucy Monkman Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.  Wishing you all a lovely day today and that you enjoy your week ahead.



It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!





The theme set for the DT this week is to make a Valentines Day card, using an image from the Lucy Monkman collection or Gil Rabbit collection.

 



For todays card I decided to use one of the gorgeous images from the Lucy Monkman Collection 
of digital stamps.  

There are some absolutely gorgeous and very stylish digital stamps in black and white and pre-coloured too if you prefer not to colour.

Today's card is an A6 size with a simple red glitter card along with a black and white check paper from the Lily Bug collection to create a couple of mats and layers for the image.





I resized the Stylish Dog image and the coloured with Promarkers (see below for colours) before using one of my dies to partially die cut the image, I then fussy cut around the little flowers so they would overhang the red glitter border for a little extra detail.

The sentiment from the Lily Bug Ladybird collection was printed onto white card, layered onto card and positioned at the bottom of the image panel.


I added a couple of thin strips of patterned paper and the red glitter card too


To finish off the card I added a few red gems, glossy accents to the dogs nose and sparkle to the hearts.






I have a very special DT discount code that you can use for all your shopping on the Polkadoodles online shop at checkout use WENDYJ-10 and you will get 10% of your entire purchase (not in conjunction with other discount codes!)





I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next card I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles Digital Stamp - Lucy Monkman CollectionStylish Dog/Puppy
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Lily Bug Collection - Sentiment bundle
Polkadoodles Digital Paper - Lilybug Collection - Paper bundle 2
Glossy accents
Sakura Gelly Roll pens - black, white
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens - clear
Red gems



Promarkers Used:


Dog:          cool grey 00, 1, 4

Bow:          burgundy, poppy, lipstick red
Hearts       

Flower:        burgundy, poppy, lipstick red
                   forest green
                   gold, buttercup



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x