Tuesday 14 November 2023

Digi Choosday - Thank you cards with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.  Wishing you all a lovely day today and that you enjoy the week ahead, I hope that you have something nice planned.



It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!




The theme set for the DT this week is Thank you or Thanksgiving so I decided to make a sweet and simple thank you card, what better way to say thankyou to a special friend.  I love to send cards like this, just because and not for a particular event or occasion...but this one is for my BFFs birthday yesterday.

I decided to create an inky background panel to start with using 3 warmer colours of distress inks, using water and watercolour cardstock. I dried this off between each layer of colour and then once completely dry used a simple stitched die to cut out a smaller panel for my A6 card, leaving a large white border around the design.

Next I resized the sweet Noodle Panda image to suit the design and then printed out onto alcohol marker friendly cardstock before colouring with my Promarkers (see below) and then fussy cutting out.

To add interest to the design I mounted the inky panel into the centre of my A6 card blank and added a stitched die cut border to the bottom of the image.

I added a few pieces of sparkly pink confetti around the design to finish it off, all ready for posting to my bestie.


I have a very special DT discount code that you can use for all your shopping on the Polkadoodles online shop at checkout use WENDYJ-10 and you will get 10% of your entire purchase (not in conjunction with other discount codes!)


I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles Digital Stamp - Noodle Panda - Mailing Letters
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Noodle Panda - Sentiment bundle
Distress Inks - picked raspberry, squeezed lemonade, dried marigold
Pretty Pink Posh Confetti - Friendship
Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts Custom Craft die - Stitched Borders


Promarkers Used:

Noodle:      blue black, ice grey 7, 6
                 warm grey 2, 00, blender   
                 dusky rose, pale pink
                 china blue 

Bow:          antique pink, salmon pink, pastel pink

Butterfly:    antique pink, salmon pink, pastel pink
Flower        sunflower, primrose

Post box:    chocolate, light pecan, tan

Bamboo:    chocolate, light pecan, tan
                  forest green, bright green, meadow green

Letters:      ice grey 00, 1
                 antique pink




Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x