Thursday 9 November 2023

New Release - Digi Deal - Christmas Poinsettias with Polkadoodles


Hello everyone I hope you have a lovely day today.

Here's a more traditional style of Christmas card today with a modern twist, I love using non traditional colors at Christmas.

One of my favourite varieties of Poinsettia is one of the Pink ones - I love how different they are and they grow beautifully here in the garden, as long as there is enough water!

So that's my inspiration for the colouring on todays swag from the new Poinsettia Wreath collection by Polkadoodles.




I created an inky background using distress inks and watercolour cardstock and then used some pink Frantage embossing enamel that I've had for years... perfect I thought teamed with a rose gold card frame.

I love the look of a frame on a design as it helps to draw the eye into the design.

The swag was resized in my graphics software to suit a larger 5" x 7" card and coloured in with my Promarkers (see below for colours), before fussy cutting out and adhering to the design.  

Yes I know very fiddly, but I love it and I find fussy cutting very relaxing!

The sentiment is also from the digi deal, simply printed and cut into a plain strip with a little pink distress ink around the edges to soften the look. 

I hope that you like my Christmas card today and you'll be back to see another card from me very soon.



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Poinsettia Wreath
Polkadoodles digital Sentiment - Poinsettia Wreath
Distress Inks - spun sugar, kitsch Flamingo, picked raspberry
Stampendous Frantage - Aged Rose
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - white
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - clear

   
                 
Promarkers Used:

Poinsettia:          cerise, baby pink, lemon
                         chiffon, pale cream
                         forest green, bright green, leaf green

Pine needles:      green

Holly:                 holly, lush green, emerald
            
Bay Leaves:        pesto, olive, marsh green

  


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x