Tuesday 21 March 2023

Just wanted to make you smile - Springtime Smiles with Polkadoodles

Happy Tuesday everyone I hope that you are having a good week. 



It's that time again when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!


The theme set for the DT this week is Birds and Flowers with a CAS or Clean and Simple style so I chose to use this sweet little Chick with his umbrella for my card today.

I love making CAS cards but they are definitely a challenge but I'm really pleased with how this one has turned out....I always want to keep adding more to it but I think I'm getting better each time I make one.

I resized the cute chick with umbrella digital stamp on my computer and then printed out onto alcohol marker friendly paper before colouring with my promarkers (see below for colours) and fussy cutting out.

I've used a 6" x 6" white card blank  for this card and then cut a smaller panel of white card at 5"x5" blending a little distress ink onto the panel behind where my chick will sit.  

I've then used a pencil to draw a puddle on the ground for the chick to stand in and coloured this with my sparkle pens using a blue and a clear pen to look like water.

Next I have used the raindrop cluster stamp from the Hello Sunshine clear stamp set but you could easily draw these in with a pencil and then filled in the raindrops with clear sparkle. 

The sentiment I have used is from the Winnie Daisy Fairy greeting bundle printed out and layered onto 3 pieces of card for dimension.


Finally I have used low profile foam to mount the panel onto the card blank and adhere my chick to the card.


I hope that you like my Clean and Simple card card for today and will come back to see my next project


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Springtime Smiles - Cute chick with umbrella
Polkadoodles sentiments - Winnie Daisy Fairy greetings
Polkadoodles Clear Stamps - Hello Sunshine
Distress ink - tumbled glass
Sakura Gelly Roll pen -  white, black, metallic grey
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - clear, sea spray



Promarkers used :

Chick:               gold, sunflower, buttercup
                        burnt orange, orange, mango

Boots:               midnight blue, cobalt blue, duck egg 

                       
Umbrella:         poppy, lipstick red, salmon pink
                       burnt orange, orange, mango
                       forest green, bright green, leaf green


Flower:            aubergine, amethyst, lavender
                      gold, sunflower, buttercup

 

                       

                          
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x