Friday 1 March 2024

Best Fishes - Birthday's with Pattie's Creations

Happy Friday everyone I hope that you are all well and have had a lovely week.

The first Friday of the month marks the start of a new Challenge for December over on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog 



The challenge runs from the first Friday of the month and its an Anything Goes challenge or our theme for March is Birthday's and as long as you use a digital or stamped image in your project, so why not join in the challenge.

Winners of the challenge will receive 2 digital stamps of your choice from Pattie's shop.

Pattie has some wonderful digital stamps in her Etsy Shop pattiescreations and there is also a freebie every month on the blog that you can use in your project if you want to! 


For my March project, I chose  to use the Silly Fish in a Bowl digital stamp to create a 6" x 6" card.   

Birthday's in March fall across Pisces February 19 - March 20 and Aries March 20 and ends April 18, so I thought these Sill Fish would be perfect for a March birthday.


I resized the image to suit and printed it out, colouring with Promarkers and then fussy cutting out.  
The sentiment on my design panel is from the Starfish & Sandcastles collection by Polkadoodles, printed and layered with purple card.

I chose papers to resemble water and adhered these to a Kraft card blank, die cutting a circle in the centre and adding a purple fancy frame around the centre circle.  The main image was mounted into the centre of the card using foam tape for dimension and then I have die cut leaves that look like seaweed to adhere around the frame.  I added a little distress ink to the leaves for interest.

To finish off the card I added a few sequins around the design and glossy accents fishes eyes - they are silly fish after all.

I do hope that you like my card for today and don't forget to join in with this months challenge over on the blog.



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:

Pattie's Creations digital stamp - Silly Fish in a Bowl
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Starfish & Sandcastles - Sentiment bundle
Polkadoodles Digital Paper - Theo the Penguin - Paper Bundle 2
Polkadoodles Digital Paper - Spring into Easter - Paper set 3
Distress Inks - salty ocean, peacock feathers, mowed lawn
Sugar & Spice sequins - unicorn
Glossy accents
Sakura Gelly roll pens - white



Promarkers used :

Fish:             gold, sunflower, buttercup
                    berry, lipstick red, mandarin

Bowl:            cool aqua, blender

Water:          pastel blue

Plants:          forest green, bright green, leaf green

Rocks:          prussian, violet, bluebell



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x