Thursday 7 March 2024

Have a Blooming Great Day! - Darling Buds - Tulip Darling with Polkadoodles

Hello and happy Thursday everyone.  Wishing you all a lovely day today....I cant believe how fast this week has gone...we've been full of bad colds and coughs so struggled to do much but I've managed to get out in the garden this morning to do a little tidying and then I'm off to make lunch.

The new bathroom downstairs is nearly finished, just another day or so if fitting things and JJ is currently busy painting the ceiling - its amazing how light the room looks now compared to before!

Are you making cards for Mother's Day - its this Sunday (in the UK) in case you have forgotten and I think the Darling Buds collection would be perfect, so today I'm sharing a card made using the Tulip Darling digital stamp.

There are some fabulous new Spring /Mother's Day sentiments too that compliment the collection and as always there are pre-coloured and black and white digital stamps for you to colour and there are polymer stamps too if you prefer.


To create this beautiful card I chose a couple of pink & yellow papers from the Winnie Sunshine Delights collection and used these to mat and layer with black card on a 5" x 7" card blank.  I love the contrast that the black gives behind these papers.



I decided to use one of the sweet floral border stamps from the Funky Borders stamp set with black ink to stamp a little detail on a couple of the layers, colouring the flowers with a pink Fineliner pen and adding tiny lemon gems for the flower centres.

Next I resized the Digital stamp to suit my card, coloured her in with Promarkers and then fussy cut her out.

My favourite tulips are yellow and pink - what are your favourite ?


The sentiment is from the Darling Buds collection which was printed out and foiled in hot pink to match my design.

The finishing touches were a few pieces of pink confetti around the design

I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles

Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !



Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Darling Buds  - Tulip Flower Girl
Polkadoodles digital Sentiment - Darling Buds - Sentiment bundle
Polkadoodles digital paper - Winnie Sunshine Delights - Pack 1
Minc Foil - Hot Pink
Polkadoodles stamp set - Funky Borders
Versafine Ink - Onyx black
Gems
Pretty Pink Posh confetti - Friendship mix
Stabilo Fineliner pen - pink
Sakura gelly roll pen - metallic pink



Promarkers used:

Skin:     almond, blush, oatmeal, soft peach, dusky rose

Blush:    pale pink

Eyes:     Egyptian blue, bluebell


Tulips:    hot pink, carmine, cerise
              gold, sunflower, buttercup
              forest green, bright green, leaf green

Dress:    hot pink, carmine, cerise
              gold, sunflower, buttercup

Shoes:    hot pink, carmine, cerise
              forest green, bright green, leaf green



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x