Saturday 23 March 2024

Happy Happy Birthday John - Party like a Panda

Hello everyone and happy Saturday - today I have a very special birthday card that I've made for my best friend and hubby John....

I decided it was time he got a specially made card as I've been so busy the last few years making design team cards and he gets rather left out sadly.


I bought this set of stamps and dies from a friend last year that was decluttering before the arrival of her first baby and this is the first time using it - its such a cute set of panda birthday stamps and really simple to use.  

I decided to create a simple but colourful stencilled background using distress inks and a confetti stencil, die cutting this panel to fit a DL sized card. 


I layered the panel on a larger piece of white card for extra interest.                                                                                                                                    The Panda, balloons and the little sub-sentiment were stamped onto a new watercolour card and coloured with some new Chromatek Watercolour pens that I'm trying out too - not completely happy with the results yet but I think I need to have more play time until I decide if I like them or not.                                                                                                                 
The panda stamps come with coordinating dies so I used these to cut out my coloured images and then mounted these onto my card with foam tape for dimension.

The finishing touches were some clear iridescent sequins around the design, white gel pen highlights, glossy accents on the balloons and metallic gel pen on the balloon strings.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Simon Says Stamp - Stamp & Die set - Party like a Panda
Lawn Fawn - Lawn Clippings stencil - Confetti
Distress Ink salty ocean, fossilized amber, candied apple
Gelly Roll pen - white, metallic grey
Glossy Accents
Sugar & Spice sequins - Unicorn



                      
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x