Monday 19 February 2024

A Snowflake is a Winter's Butterfly with JMC Designs

Hello everyone Happy Monday I hope that you had a great weekend.  It's time for me to post my next project for JMC Designs 


For my card today I have used the Winter Whispers Digital Collection... It's still officially Winter here and I can just about see the snow on the Sierra Nevada but the temperatures have been more like early summer and the snow is disappearing fast.  

Still chilly in the evenings and were making use of the log burner but its definitely not cold!  



For todays card I decided to use the beautiful digital stamp  Arctic Sparkle, resizing her  to suit my 5" x 7" card and colouring with my Promarkers.  Iv'e added lots of sparkly highlights and shimmer to this Wintery girl.

Next I created my background panel, I've used the snowflake accessories that are included in the complete collection, adding these to my card panel before printing on my LaserJet printer.  To add sparkle I've then used teal foil for added sparkle.


Once foiled I then used several distress inks to add colour to the panel and then splattered with water droplets and droplets of blue distress ink.  

As well as looking beautiful, the foil acts as a resist to the ink and gives a beautiful shine to the card.

The sentiment from the complete collection was also printed out and foiled in silver

I have added little sparkles around the panel with a white gel pen and adhered a few sparkly gems.

The background panel was mounted onto silver mirror card, along with the sentiment and then adhered to a white card base and the coloured focal image adhered using foam tape for dimension.  

I added some of the tiny gems to the bottom of her skirt too, to tie in with the background.

I really hope that you like my card today and it would be lovely if you you leave me a comment and let me know what you think.



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
JMC Designs digital stamp - Winter Whispers Collection - Arctic Sparkle
Distress Inks - stormy sky, salty ocean, prize ribbon
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - clear, firefly
Minc foil - teal, silver
Gelly Roll pen - clear star, white, metallic grey
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - clear
gems



Promarkers used :

Skin:        almond, blush, oatmeal, soft peach, dusky rose

Blush:      pale pink

Hair:        cool grey 4, 3, 2, 0

Outfit:      marine, turquoise, pastel green
               french navy, true blue, 
               aubergine, amethyst, lilac
               cool grey 4, 3, 2, 0
               gold, sunflower, buttercup

Stars:      gold, sunflower, buttercup

                      
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

2 comments:

  1. Great card and design Wendy, love how you coloured this image too using your promarkers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - loving the shimmer and shine!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x