Wednesday 12 April 2023

Wildflower Meadow with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone I hope you are having a lovely day.  Its so windy here today so even though its warm its making me feel very chilly.  Definitely a day to stay inside and craft I think.

I'm here today to share a sweet and simple little card that I've made using a stencil by Polkadoodles.  

The stencil is called Wildflower Meadow and is so pretty that I decided to make the stencil design the feature of this card rather than using it as a background for another card.




To create my card I have cut a panel of white cardstock to fit a UK A6 card with a simple black mat layer behind.  Next I have blended blue and green ink over the entire panel and then splattered a little water over the panel to lift some of the ink adding texture.

The stencil is a 6" x 6" but I chose to use just two of the butterflies and carefully positioned the stencil over my inked panel so that the butterflies were fully on the card.

I have then used a number of different distress inks to add the details masking off areas as necessary with post it notes.

Once this was completed I have then used a black Fineliner pen to add some doodling around the design and outline the flowers and butterflies.

I have added some white gel pen to highlight the design, clear sparkle over some of the flowers and finally a few sparkly gems to finish of my simple design.

To finish off my card I have used one of the small sentiments from the new stamp Hearts and Flowers collection to stamp the word love, doodling a border and layering this onto black card and mounting on foam tape for dimension.

I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles stencil - Wildflower Meadow
Polkadoodles Photopolymer Stamp - Hearts and Flowers set 2
Distress Ink - tumbled glass, bundled sage, picked raspberry, wilted violet, carved pumpkin, lucky clover
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - Clear
Pretty Pink Posh gems - Sugar Plum
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - white, black




Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x



1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x