Friday 18 August 2023

Sending you all some Summer Sunshine

Happy Friday everyone…..I hope that you have had a good week. Thankfully its been a little cooler during the week and that's made it easier to sleep at night - with out the fan too, so a brief respite in the heat although the temperatures are set to rise again over the week end up to around 37C.

That being said - I do love the sunshine, it just makes you smile looking out of the window each morning and wondering what sort of day its going to be - Gorgeous normally!

So I decided to make a simple little card to send some summer sunshine, especially if its not been great where you are.

I had some digital paper left from another project too and wanted to use this up rather than filing it away for another day.


I treated myself to some new dies earlier in the year - from Studiolight and thought they were perfect for my simple beach scene for  today.

Its an A6 (UK) size card with a simple die cut frame of Neenah Desert storm card, to resemble looking through a window at the beach and the ocean.

I added a piece of wavy blue digital paper at the top of the panel and then die cute another peice of Neenah card for the sand at the bottom of the frame.  To add depth I've blended distress inks over this and then splattered with brown ink and white acrylic paint, before adhering both of these onto the card panel inside the frame.

The palm trees have been die cut from Neenah desert storm card and a green card stock and I've used more distress ink to add shading to the trees, leaves and the coconuts.

The sentiment from the set was cut from a layer of green card and a layer of white for depth.

I couldn't resist adding a few sequins but I have used some pearlescent white just to add a little sparkle.


I really hope that you like my card today and it would be lovely if you you leave me a comment and let me know what you think.



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Studiolight dies -Take me to the Ocean - Summer Sunshine
Polkadoodles Digital Paper - Coral Mermaid Papers
Lisa Horton Crafts Edgecutz dies - Essential Edges
Card Making Magic A6 Nesting Die set
Distress ink - Scattered Straw, vintage photo, mowed lawn
White acrylic paint
Sakura gelly roll pen - white
Sugar & Spice sequins - Mojito



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment.
 


 Wendy x

1 comment:

  1. Great card - we certainly need that slice of sunshine here in South Wales - a very miserable day today indeed lol.

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x