Tuesday 22 August 2023

Digi Choosday - Beat the Heat with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.  Wishing you all a lovely day today and I hope that you enjoy the week ahead....We have loads to do this week as we have family staying next week so lots of cleaning in the house and tidying around in the garden.



It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!



The theme set for the DT this week is Beat the Heat / Water themed card which given the current high heat levels here in Spain was perfect so I chose to use a sweet little Lil Miss Mermaid with Dolphin digital image from the Lil Miss Sugarpops collection

I wanted to create a 3D Underwater scene and I was inspired by a YouTube tutorial by Jennifer McGuire, to make a popup up frame card.


If you haven't seen the video here is the link,  I would highly recommend watching as it's really easy to make and you can easily adapt the instructions to suit loads of different sizes of cards. Mine is a larger 5 x 7 card with a circular aperture on the front.  
I created the base for the card and then chose two papers from the Winnie Starfish & Sandcastles collection, one for the outside frame and one for the inside of the scene.

Before assembling the card I used a circular die to create an aperture in the front panel.

Next I resized the Lil Miss Mermaid image to fit my aperture and also created a small group of sea shells to add extra interest to the card before printing out onto alcohol marker friendly card stock.  These were coloured with Promarkers (see below for colours)
I also chose one of the sentiments from the Winnie Starfish & Sandcastles collection which I have printed onto white card and die cut, adding to the top of the card with foam tape. 

Once the main images were coloured I have fussy cut these out and used a thin strip of acetate mounted inside the pop up frame to add the little mermaid so she is floating in the scene.  The cluster of shells was adhered flat to the pop up frame.

I then adhered this to my card blank adding a layer of navy cardstock for a small mat layer

To finish off the card I added just a few co-ordinating sequins, some glossy accents and a little clear sparkle here and there. 


I have a very special DT discount code that you can use for all your shopping on the Polkadoodles online shop at checkout use WENDYJ-10 and you will get 10% of your entire purchase (not in conjunction with other discount codes!)


I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Lil Miss Sugarpops - Lil Miss Mermaid & Dolphin
Polkadoodles Digital Paper - Winnie Starfish & Sandcastles - Paper Bundle 4
Polkadoodles Digital Paper - Winnie Starfish & Sandcastles - Greetings Bundle
Lisa Horton Crafts Dies - Torn Edge Circles
Sugar and Spice sequins - Under the Sea
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - white, black, pink metallic, green metallic
Glossy accents


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x