Friday 5 July 2024

Flip Flop Signs - The beach is my happy place with Pattie's Creations

Happy Friday everyone I hope that you are all well and have had a lovely week.

The first Friday of the month marks the start of a new Challenge for December over on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog 


The challenge runs from the first Friday of the month and its an Anything Goes challenge or our theme for July is Summer Fun, so as long as you use a digital or stamped image in your project, why not join in the challenge.

Winners of the challenge will receive 2 digital stamps of your choice from Pattie's shop.

Pattie has some wonderful digital stamps in her Etsy Shop pattiescreations and there is also a freebie every month on the blog that you can use in your project if you want to! 



For my July project, I chose  to use one of the beautiful Flip Flop Signs 
digital stamps to create a DL card (UK size). I wanted to create the look of a window in a cabin at the beach with the sign hanging in the window frame and I have to say I'm really pleased with how this card turned out.
 
I resized the image to suit my DL base card, printed it out onto alcohol marker friendly card stock before colouring with Promarkers and then fussy cutting out.

Next I created my beach scene by masking off sections and using distress inks to create the sky, the sea and then the sand. 

I added a slightly darker ink at the water line to show the wet sand and used a white gel pen to represent the water foam at the edge.  I added some dots of brown and sand coloured pen for the sand detail.

To create my window frame, I used a couple of nesting dies cutting a thin frame from a wood effect card and adhered this to the background scene before hanging my Flip Flip sign in the window.

To finish off the card I added some clear sparkle pen to the flip flop straps. 

I do hope that you like my card for today and don't forget to join in with this months challenge over on the blog.




Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:

Pattie's Creations digital stamp - Flip Flop Signs


Distress Ink - scattered straw, vintage photo, salvaged patina, salty ocean, peacock feathers
Spellbinders confetti - Latte
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - white
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - clear
Spectrum Aqua Pens - terracotta, desert



Promarkers used :

Flip Flops:     hot pink, cerise, wild orchid
                    gold, sunflower, buttercup
                    marine, ocean teal, soft green
                    aubergine, amethyst, pink pearl
                    


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x