Wednesday 3 July 2024

Christmas in July - Have a Tree-mendous Christmas - Pickles Hedgehog with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday ! 

Its going to be a hot day today here so I'm channelling my inner cool with a snowy scene card - not sure it will work though 

I'm here today to share another Christmas card, this time using a digital image from the very cute Pickles Hedgehog collection by Polkadoodles.  Its a great collection and this one is definitely not just for Christmas





This is an A7 or  5" x 7"  card created with a simple mat layer of black card.  

I decided to dig out my coloured pencils to create this card so started off by resizing the sweet image of Pickles with his Christmas tree  and adding a sentiment from the Bella Bear Christmas collection at the top before printing out onto Neenah Desert Storm cardstock.

I used my Spectrum Noir pencils and had loads of fun colouring the image before blending distress inks around the background to create a wintery nighttime sky.  I used a hillside stencil and some white dye based ink at the bottom of the panel for my snow scene and then to finish of the card I splattered white pearlescent paint for the snow.

I added white gel pen highlights here and there to finish off my card for today and I have to say I'm loving the look of this and its a nice change from my alcohol markers which definitely don't like the heat much!

I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share for Polkadoodles.



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Pickles Hedgehog -  Christmas Tree
Polkadoodles digital Sentiment - Bella Bear Christmas - Sentiment Bundle
Distress Inks - tumbled glass, weathered wood, uncharted mariner, chipped sapphire
Lisa Horton Crafts - Cloud 9 Ink - Falling Snow
Craftelier Watercolour paints - gold selection - Pearl silver
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - white, silver



    

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x