Sunday 21 July 2024

Feeling Zesty - Orange house & Orange Trees Card - Fruitropolis collection with Julia McNeill Designs

Hello everyone Happy Sunday I hope that you are enjoying your weekend ! We spent most of yesterday indoors as the temperatures rose to 40C - it was just too hot to be outside much until around 7pm but it was a nice day for chilling, catching up on my blog and reading.  

Today I'm sharing a fun card for JMC Designs  that I've created using stamps from the brand new Fruitropolis Collection.  There are 4 sets of stamps in the collection and I have used stamps from The Orangery and Pear Place for my card today. 


I wanted to create a more or less one layer card today so started with a square piece of watercolour card stock. First I stamped the Orange house in the bottom corner of the card using Versafine Clair ink (great for water colouring !).  I created a couple of masks, stamping onto Post it note paper - I like to use post it / sticky notes as they are cheap, reusable and really thin so don't cause any problems with stamping.  

I masked off the top of the orange house ans then used the orange tree stamp to stamp a tree so its behind the house.  Next I stamped two more orange trees, using a mask of the tree to allow me to again stamp one tree behind the other, slightly higher up the page as this was going to create a little perspective with the furthest away tree on a hillside.  You'll notice I added a little hedgerow extending this from the house to the edge of the card panel.

Once I was happy with the stamping I then used masking tape to mask off a 1 cm border all around the card.

The first water colouring would be my background, so the sky and the hillside using a combination of Spectrum Noir sparkle pens and my Lisa Horton Crafts watercolour paints.  Once the background was completely dry I removed the masking tape and then started to colour the rest of the design.  I really like the way the images extend over the border - I think it gives a nice effect.


Once all the watercolour had been added I allowed the panel to dry thoroughly and then added all the little details and highlights.  White gelly roll pen  and black Fineliner details.  

I used the little caterpillar and the path from the Pear Place set to add a few extra details and the used the black Fineliner pen to add a couple of wiggly lines around the edge of the water coloured panel.  I added fine green lines for grass around the trees and on the hillside.

The sentiment was stamped onto card and cut out along with fussy cutting the caterpillar, these were both mounted using foam tape to give a little dimension to the card.


I really hope that you have enjoyed my card for today and will drop by again to see my next project.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
JMC Designs  - Fruitropolis Stamps - The Orangery & Pear Place
Versafine Clair ink – Morning Mist
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens - tangerine, firefly, garden green
Lisa Horton Crafts - Euphoria Watercolour paints
Spectrum Noir Art liner – black 03
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen – white
Posca Pen - white


                      
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x