Saturday 1 June 2024

Happy Birthday Fairy card with Crafter's Companion

Hello....Happy Saturday and Happy June everyone! I hope you all had a great week and have a lovely weekend planned.  

I have a slightly different card to share with you today - something a little more traditional I suppose but it was made for a commission for an 80th birthday so I've gone a bit old school with a little decoupage combined with a more modern background.


I was asked to make a card with a fairy theme so this is my creation and fingers crossed it was what was wanted.

I started by creating a pretty ink smooshed background with pink distress inks on watercolour card.  I like to let each layer dry before using a different colour as it gives a wonderful layered effect. I splattered the panel with pearl silver watercolour ink and water to create texture and shine.

Then I used some very old but never used stamps from my stash - its a set of Flower Fairies by Crafters Companion - bought many moons ago but unused.  They are even unmounted rubber stamps so I had to cut them out too before I cut used them. How things have changed over the years!

I originally planned to use the main fairy stamp but I just couldn't get it to look how I wanted to decided to use the blossom stamps around the edge of the watercolour panel in a grey Versafine ink. 

I used stamped a few extra onto card to colour and then fussy cut out.  I like to have dimension on my cards.  

I then chose a pre-coloured fairy from a a Fairyopolis cd from Crafters Companion and printed this out, fussy cutting it out and adhering to the card so the fairy is standing on one of the branches.  The licensed images are based on the original Flower Fairies artwork by Cicely Mary Barker


The personalised sentiment was created in my graphics software, printed out and then I blended pink distress ink so it toned with the design.


To finish off I added some clear sparkle to the wings and some clear iridescent sequins around the design.









I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next card that I share, made using this set.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !



Card recipe:

Crafters Companion - Flower Fairies Friends Stamp - Wild Cherry
Distress Inks - tattered rose, spun sugar, worn lipstick, Victorian velvet, kitsch flamingo
Craftelier Watercolour paint - Gold set - pearl silver
Sugar and Spice sequins - candy floss
Crafters Companion CD - Fairyopolis
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - clear


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

1 comment:

  1. This is really very beautiful!!

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x