Thursday 27 June 2024

GDT - Ay Ay Ay Ay - Happy Birthday to you with Dr. Digi's House Of Stamps

Hello everyone wishing you all a lovely Thursday !

I'm super excited today as I was invited to create a card for Dr Digis House of Stamps for a Guest Design Team spot.  I absolutely love these quirky and sometimes cheeky digital stamps so as you can imagine I jumped at the chance !

 






This is a landscape 5" x 7" bridge fold card and I chose to use one of the newer digital stamps Tres Hombres for my project today. 


I'm still on a mission making more male themed cards and I thought this Mariachi group would be perfect.  I had the famous mariachi song Ay Ay Ay Ay Cielito Lindo playing through my mind as soon as I saw this fun image... I dare you to listen...you'll be humming it all day I promise. 


I started by creating my base card from red cardstock. Cutting a piece of card 9" x 5" and scoring at 1" & 2" on each long edge.   I also cut the bridge section in red card at 7" x 1 1/4"  

I wanted to create a small 'stage' for my mariachi band to stand on so used some wood plank paper from my stage to cover the bridge section and the internal walls of the stage. 

For the rear panel and the outside panels I used a fabulous Aztec digital backing paper from Dr.Digi   I think the paper resembles lots of Mexican hats and the colours were perfect for my design. 

I then resized the digital image and chose a sentiment from the birthday sentiment sheet 01  before printing out and colouring with promarkers. 
 
Once coloured I fussy cut the band and also the sentiment after using my Minc machine to apply gold foil to the sentiment.  The Mariachi band were adhered to the front of the wooden stage and I added a piece of acetate behind to support the image.  I die cut the letters, stacking them up for dimension and adding red sparkly pen over the top before adhering them to the bottom of the stage.

The finishing touches were some white gel pen highlights and some gold confetti around the design.



I really hope that you have enjoyed my card today and don't forget to listen to the music too !



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Dr Digis House of Stamps - Tres Hombres
Dr Digis House of Stamps - Aztec Papers
Dr Digis House of Stamps - Birthday Sentiment sheet 01
Polkadoodles Paper pad - Peeling Paint 
Minc Foil - Gold
Sakura Gelly Roll Pens - white
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen - barn red
Pretty Pink Posh confetti - gold



Promarkers used :

Skin:    

     

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x