Thursday 4 April 2024

Sending you a warm hug - Altenew - Japanese Anemone

Hello and Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you are having a great week.

If you are anything like me as a crafter, I am always buying new stamps, dies, papers etc that I absolutely NEED but then don't seem to have the time to actually play with them!..I've always been the same even when I was little I absolutely loved stationery and pens and notebooks! (hated using them though as I didn't want to spoil them)

So this year I am going to do my utmost to use my, new purchases and make sure I get use out of them.

My first creation is using a stamp/stencil/die set from Altenew that I bought from Simon Says Stamp with a voucher that I was lucky enough to win last year.  

It's from the Build a Garden collection and this is the Japanese Anemone.  My goal will be to create as many different cards using different techniques and mediums that I can using this set over the next few weeks in between my other DT commitments.


I had some of these beautiful flowers in the garden here when we moved over but no idea what happened to them - flowered for a few years and then disappeared, I must get some more bulbs.

I started by cutting a panel of white Neenah cardstock to fit a 5" x 7" card and then stamped the image using Versafine Onyx black ink. Then I used the stencils from the set and distress inks to colour the flowers and leaves. 


There are 5 stencils that coordinate with the stamped image and its really easy to line up too.  Using different amounts of pressure when applying the ink allows you to build up depth in the flowers (darker at them centres).  

Once I was happy with the coverage I used the coordinating die to cut out the flower stem and put this to one side whilst I created my background.
  
Next I moved on to my background, cutting a piece of white watercolour card to start off and adding the yellows and green distress inks to my silicone mat to ink smoosh these onto the card.  I like to add one colour at a time and build up the layers, drying each one off before adding a new colour. 


Once I was happy with the amount of colour I then added a very small amount of Brushos to the panel and spritzed this with water to let the magic happen - these powders are just amazing and I love the movement they give to a design. 

I dried the panel off completely and then used some nesting dies to cut out the background panel and a slightly larger panel of black card, adhering these to my white card blank. 

I then used one of the sentiments and stamped this in black directly onto the card background.  

The floral peice was adhered to the card with foam tape and then I splattered gold watercolour over the panel.  

To finish off I added some tiny black gems around the design.



I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next card that I share, made using this set.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !



Card recipe:

Altenew -  Build a Garden stamp/stencil/die set - Japanese Anemone
Distress Inks - shaded lilac, wilted violet, villainous potion, ripe persimmon, fossilized amber, mustard seed, mowed lawn, twisted citron.
Brushos - yellow, ultramarine
Craftelier Watercolour paint - Gold set - True gold
Black gems


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x