Tuesday 16 April 2024

Spring Colours - Cute Animal - Digi Choosday - Spring is in the Air with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.  I hope that you have a lovely day today and that you enjoy your week ahead...





It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!





The theme set for the DT this week is to use Spring Colours and an animal, there are so many gorgeous cuties on the website to choose from so it was quite difficult.


Today's card features one of the gorgeous digital stamps from the Springtime Smiles Collection - this collection is packed with cute chicks and bunnies do perfect for this weeks theme. I chose a couple of pretty pastel papers from the collection and then used these pastel shades as inspiration to colour the image with Promarkers, picking out the lemon and green as my main colours (see below for the colours used). 

 

I've said but that I don't often make pastel coloured cards, opting for brighter richer shades but I enjoyed this design and I wanted to colour the bunny white. 

This is a 5" x 7" card  with a scalloped frame die cut and diamond die cuts too to draw the eye to the bunny who is the feature after all. 

The smaller centre panel of the diamonds was embossed using a new 3D embossing folder that I bought with prize money from Simon Says Stamp and its the first time I have used it.  

I adhered the papers, diamond borders and the embossed panel to the card blank and then added the cute bunny to the embossed diamond using foam tape for dimension 


The sentiment is from the Darling Buds collection and after printing I have foiled this with a mint foil before adding the simple sentiment panel to the card.

  

To finish the inside of the card I decided to die cut a floral border from the white card, adding this to the edges of the card panels covered with lilac paper. 



Finishing touches where some super sparkly and coordination sequins and white  gel pen highlights.  




I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Promarkers Used:

Bunny:     pale Blossom
               salmon pink, misty rose

Dress:      soft green, pastel green, teas green

Rose:        primrose, lemon, yellow
                forest green, bright green, leaf green

Leaves:    pear green, lime green

Ladybird:  poppy. lipstick red
                Blue black, ice grey 7

Envelope:  cool grey 1, 3



Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Springtime Smiles collection - Bunny Rabbit with Roses
Polkadoodles digital papers - Springtime Smiles collection - Paper collection
Polkadoodles digital sentiment - Darling Buds collection - Spring Flowers/Mothers Day collection
Spellbinders Dies - Essential Diamonds
Craftelier  - Essential Dies - Frames
Minc Foil - Mint
Simon Says Stamp- 3D Embossing Folder - Margot tile
Craft Consortium Sequins
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - white


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

2 comments:

  1. Wendy you deliver the most gorgeous inspirational designs and always so different and colourful .. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gill H17:08

    So beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x