Friday 5 April 2024

Butterflies - On Your Special Day with Pattie's Creations

Happy Friday everyone I hope that you are all well and have had a lovely week.

The first Friday of the month marks the start of a new Challenge for December over on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog 



The challenge runs from the first Friday of the month and its an Anything Goes challenge or our theme for April is Butterflies or Dragonflies, so as you use a digital or stamped image in your project, why not join in the challenge.

Winners of the challenge will receive 2 digital stamps of your choice from Pattie's shop.

Pattie has some wonderful digital stamps in her Etsy Shop pattiescreations and there is also a freebie every month on the blog that you can use in your project if you want to! 

For my April  project, I chose  to use the beautiful  Butterfly 1
 digital stamp to create a simple but arty DL card.  For the past couple of weeks as the weather has been improving ( it was 31C yesterday !), there have been loads of beautiful Swallowtail butterflies in the garden and I decided to  use these as my inspiration for the card and colouring today. 

I resized the image 3 times to suit a DL card panel, printed it out onto alcohol marker friendly card stock before colouring with Promarkers and then fussy cutting out.  I chose to use slightly different sizes of butterflies on y card and reversed one of them for some added interest.  Whilst not anatomically correct I think these butterflies are a pretty good likeness to the ones in the garden. Next I created my background, using a peice of watercolour card.  I started by using a brush and water to add a wide, wavy strip of water down the centre of the panel of card. 

Then I carefully sprinkled 4 different Brushos over the watery strip - you don't need very much of these magical powders at all for a stunning peice of card.  Once I was happy with the amount of pigment I gently spritzed a little more water onto the card to make sure all the powder had been activated and then used my heat gun to dry the panel.                                                                                                                                                         Once completely dry I splattered white ink over the coloured are for little highlights.  Next I matted this coloured panel onto my DL card blank with a piece of black card and then adhered the butterflies onto the card with foam tape for dimension.  The sentiment strip was adhered flat to the card with a small white border top and bottom.

To finish off the card I added a few dark iridescent gems around the design and added clear sparkly to the butterflies.

I do hope that you like my card for today and don't forget to join in with this months challenge over on the blog.



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:

Pattie's Creations digital stamp - Butterfly 1
Brushos - Purple, yellow, lemon, ultramarine
Winsor & Newton - Calligraphy ink - white
Lisa Horton Crafts - Sentiment strip
Pretty Pink Posh gems - midnight black
Spectrum noir sparkle pen - clear



Promarkers used :

Butterflies:    blue black, cool grey 7, 6, 4
                    yellow, primrose
                    Egyptian blue, cobalt blue, cloud blue
                    orange, pumpkin, honeycomb
                    



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. yur background is amazing and really makes you think of summer when combined with the butterflies.

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x