Tuesday 2 April 2024

April Birthstone card - White on White - Digi Choosday - Oh Happy Day with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.  Wishing you all a lovely day today and that you enjoy your week ahead...








It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!





The theme set for the DT this week is April Birthstone Diamond using white on white and to include a wraparound or a belly band as some people call them (not my favourite name as it sounds like some sort of medical weight loss device!) 


Today's card features one of the gorgeous digital stamps from the Let's Hang Out collection - who can resist Winnie after all.  I started by resizing the image for my card design and printing this out along with one of the sweet sentiments from the collection. 

I chose a couple of pretty pastel papers from the Noodle Panda collection and then used these pastel shades as inspiration to colour the image with Promarkers (see below for the colours used).  

I don't often make pastel coloured cards, opting for brighter richer shades but it was nice for a change to make something lighter and definitely very girly. Good to use different pens too!

I decided to create a 5" x 7" pop out gatefold card and if you are looking for instructions on this then I suggest watching the great tutorial by Sam Calcott - Mixed Up Craft  I started with a piece of white card measuring 10" x 7" and then scored this at 2 1/2", 7 1/2" .  

Then flip the card over and score at 4 1/2" and 5 1/2"  Its such a simple card fold and looks beautiful decorated, lots of areas to used pretty papers and works well with loads of focal images.  

I used the papers from the noodle collection layer directly onto the card base, no matting as I wanted to keep the white borders showing, I chose to keep two of the inside panels white too to keep in with the them as much as possible.  

There is white space too on the reverse of the card for a message to be written.  Once the sweet Winnie was coloured I fussy cut her out.  Next I used a couple of nesting diamond dies to cut two pieces of the same white card (using the same card stock means they will match perfectly.  

The smaller of the diamonds was embossed using a 3D embossing folder to give a faceted look - that's what makes diamonds shine so well.   I adhered the diamonds together and then added Winnie to the centre before adding the diamond to the small pop out section of the card.  

Finally the sentiment was simple cut and also adhered at the bottom of the pop out.  To finish the inside of the card I decided to die cut a floral border from the white card, adding this to the edges of the card panels covered with lilac paper. 


Finishing touches where some super sparkly aurora borealis gems and white glossy drops around the design and on Winnie's dress along with white gel pen highlights.  

The wraparound or belly band is very simple, you just need a piece of card 1 1/2" in width ( white in my case for the white on white theme) and long enough to wrap loosely around the closed card. If its two tight it will be hard to slide on and off the  closed card.

I also die cut two white diamonds and embossed the top one as on the inside of the card and adhered this to the wrap around.





I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Promarkers Used:

Skin:       almond, blush, oatmeal, soft peach, dusky rose

Blush:      pale pink

Hair:        praline, sandstone, pastel beige

Ribbon:    orchid, lavender
Roses
Shoes

Dress:      pastel blue, blender

Leaves:    apple, meadow green

Daisies:    yellow, primrose
                apricot, bisque





Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Let's Hang Out collection - Blossoming Winnie
Polkadoodles digital sentiment - Let's Hang Out collection - Greeting Bundle
Polkadoodles digital sentiment - Noodle Panda collection - Set 2 & Plains
Lisa Horton Crafts - 3D Embossing Folder - Prism
Craftelier Sequins
Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops - white


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x