Monday 15 April 2024

Home is my favourite place - April Freebie - Strawberry Villas with Julia McNeill Designs

Hello everyone Happy Monday I hope that you had a great weekend.  We went on a charity walk yesterday with an organised group from our town, raising money and awareness of Cancer and had a wonderful day however after 23,912k steps and 16km my feet and legs are a little achy today.  After the walk a group of us went for a fantastic meal so all in all it was a great weekend.

It's time for me to post my next project for JMC Designs and its something very sweet and fruity today.  I love strawberries...definitely one of my favourite fruits and they are delicious here at the moment.


Its currently a card but I've decided I'm going to put the finished project in a box frame and keep it, it will look great on my craft room wall and I cant bear to part with it !  I will share a photo once its framed.

I have used the April Freebie called  Strawberry Villa and I think this digital stamp would make the perfect new home card.

At the start of every month Julia McNeill very generously gives away a fabulous digital stamp, which is available to everyone in her Facebook group JMC's Crazy Crafty Hive and also to her followers via Instagram, all you need is to use your email address to register for the stamp. Here is the link for you if you haven't grabbed your freebie yet.


I decided I wanted to create a scene with the little strawberry house so resized this to suit a larger A5 panel before printing out on alcohol marker friendly cardstock along with an earlier freebie from Julia from August 2022 called Bubbled Berries, you can still grab her here in the Facebook group too Freebie.  

I resized Bubbled Berries so she appears to be in front, so larger and the strawberry house smaller as this will be at the back to give perspective to my scene.

The  card itself is a pop up frame card - one of my favourites to create and perfect for scenes.  For this one I've used a simple dotty textured cardstock, which coordinated with my strawberries.

After colouring in the two main images I also decided to print out extra strawberries and colour these to match.  Once all the colouring was complete I fussy cut out all the images and then put these to one side. 

Next I took a piece of watercolour card and used distress inks to create an ink smooshed background with blues at the top of the panel and greens at the bottom. 

Then I assembled my scene adding die cut white clouds (tinted with a little blue ink) and some simple die cut grass at the bottom.  

The finishing touches to the project were white gel pen and metallic orange highlights and a simple sentiment from the Bumble Buzz digital collection










I really hope that you like my project today and it would be lovely if you you leave me a comment and let me know what you think.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
JMC Designs digital stamp - April 2024 Freebie - Strawberry Villas
JMC Designs digital stamp - August 2022 Freebie - Bubbled Berries
JMC Designs digital stamp - Cocktail Divas Collection - Retired
JMC Designs digital stamp - Bumble Buzz Digital Collection
Distress Inks - prize ribbon, stormy sky, salty ocean, twisted citron, rustic wilderness, mowed lawn
Lisa Horton Crafts Dies - Set the Scene - Garden Greenery
Lawn Fawn Clippings dies - stitched rainbow
Gelly Roll pen - white, metallic orange



Promarkers used :



                      
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x