Sunday 25 June 2023

Majestic Butterflies Rainbow card

Hello everyone, happy Sunday to you all....we've had such a busy weekend, Friday day/night with friends in the nearby town of Lanjaron for the San Juan Water festival and then last night at our favourite restaurant listening to live music...these are definitely some of the things I love about living here but today I'm shattered and its all about recouping energy today before next week!

I hope you are having a lovely weekend too and hopefully enjoying the sun and its not too hot for you....were expecting 35C today so plenty of water !

Today I am here to share another beautiful butterfly card made for the  Jitterbug in June challenge in a Facebook group that I belong to.  This time I've used one of my all time favourite butterfly stamps from Lisa Horton Crafts.

This is the Majestic Butterflies set of stamps - drawn by the extremely talented Ann Ruffles





I wanted to create a rainbow card so started by blending distress inks on a panel of white card to create my rainbow background and then splattered with a little water for detail.  


Once the panel was dry I've used a beautiful floral embossing folder again from Lisa Horton Crafts to add texture, adding a little gilding wax to the raised areas of the card.

I stamped one of the butterflies from the set onto card using Versafine Clair ink which is perfect for any water based colouring mediums before colouring them using my Spectrum Noir sparkle pens.
The butterflies were mounted onto the embossed card panel using small foam square to give lift to the wings.

Finally I have added simple sentiment strip from Lisa Horton Crafts to the card, mounted onto a white strip of card. 


I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share.



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !



Card recipe:
Lisa Horton Crafts stamp - Majestic Butterflies
Versafine Clair - pine cone, twilight
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens - pink garnet, firefly, tangerine, lichen, watermelon, barn red, cotton candy, orchid, pistachio, sea spray, cornflower blue, soft jade
Distress Inks - festive berries, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, crushed olive, broken china, wilted violet
Wink of Stella - black sparkle
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White, Black
Pebeo Gilding Wax - Empire Gold
Lisa Horton Crafts 3D Embossing Folder - Ditsy Florals
Lisa Horton Crafts sentiment strips


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x