Sunday 18 June 2023

Sending Paper Hugs - Woodware Craft Collection - Butterfly Dream

Hello everyone, happy Sunday to you all.

I hope you are having a lovely weekend and hopefully the sun is shining where you are today.

I am here on my blog to share a butterfly card that I've made for a challenge in a Facebook group that I belong to - it's all about Jitterbug June.  

Its ages since I've made a card just for me, to play and not for a specific company or a designer and its been lovely just to play with what I have in my stash.

I love playing with my inks and pens and creating and haven't made this type of card for ages.



I'm sure you all know how much I love to upcycle, so my card today uses one of my inky mop up kitchen roll sheets for my background and the butterflies. I have a sheet of kitchen roll on my desk for a few weeks and use it to wipe up any residual inks, then when it looks pretty I use it to create a card. No waste and it's free, unique and beautiful !

I adhered a piece of my inky mop up kitchen roll to some thin card, I use a basic glue stick to do this. Then when this was completely dry I used one of my favourite stamps from Woodware and Versafine onyx black ink to stamp the design onto the kitchen roll card.

I stamped the image again onto another peice of kitchen roll card - this will be for the extra butterflies.

I added a little more colour and sparkle to the butterflies using Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens and a waterproof black pen for the outline before fussy cutting out

When you have fussy cut out the butterflies, if there are any pale card edges you can use a black marker to carefully cover these if you like. - I use a water based pen rather than an alcohol marker.

I mounted the butterflies onto the card base using small foam square to give lift to the wings.

Finally I have added stickles to the butterflies abdomens and onto the background panel - after all you can never have enough sparkle.

The sentiment strip is from Lisa Horton Crafts - adhered onto several layers of card for extra dimension.

I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Woodware Craft Collection stamp - Butterfly Dream
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens - pink garnet, garden green, firefly, tangerine, lichen, watermelon
Stickles - black diamond
Lisa Horton Crafts sentiment strips

These are the challenges I am entering

dis digi designs challenge Weekly Beverages (4) (1 of 3) 
lil patch of crafty friends Weekly (45) (1 of 3)
Creative Fingers challenge (95) (3 of 3)
Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes - (39) ( 5 of 5)
Moving Along With The Times  Man or a boy (70) (3 of 5)
Pearly Sparkles Challenge Man or boy (49)
A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge - Anything Goes unlimited (244)
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge - Anything Goes (98) (3 of 3)
Classic Design Challenge - Anything Goes (208) unlimited
Avenue 613 Anything Goes (175) (8 of 8)
Sheep ski designs Anything Goes man or boy (39) (3 of 3)
Mirtillamente Challenge -   (7) (5 of 5)
LeAnn's World 101 Challenge (on hold) unlimited
colorful options peach () unlimited
through the purple haze Buttons / flowers () ( of 3)
Critter Crazy Challenge (103) (5 of 5)
We love stamping CAS or AG (39) (2 of 3)
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge AG (42) (3 of 3)
Dragonfly Dreams fancy folds (11) (2 of 3)
Crafty Calendar Challenge Summertime (104) (3 of 3)

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning - what a great effect you have created.

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design Wendy, I love the colour combination. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x