Tuesday 27 June 2023

Digi Choosday - Anything but a card - Rebel Girl Soaking Wet with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone wishing you a very happy Tuesday.  Wishing you all a lovely day today and that you enjoy the week ahead.



It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!



The theme set for the DT this week is to make Anything but a card!  

I decided to use a pre-coloured digital image from one of my favourite recent collections Rebel Girl to create a 3D picture using an old picture frame in my stash.

To start with I painted the blue frame using a cream coloured chalky finish paint.  It needed several coats to cover the blue frame leaving each coat to dry before adding another layer.








Whilst the frame was drying I could prepare my image.

I chose to use one of the pre-coloured sketchy images for my project - shes called Rebel Girl Soaking Wet.  I started by adding the image to my graphics software, resizing the image to fit the aperture of my frame, I added her to a plain blue background and chose one of the sentiments to add to the design too before printing this out.

I also printed the same identical image out 4 more times, as I wanted to create my own decoupaged version of the image to add to the frame.

I use software on my computer called CraftArtist2 but Nikky has recently created a great video tutorial showing how to use a great easy to use app called
CANVA.  If you haven't seen it then here is the link to the tutorial over on YouTube.

I started off by adding the entire image with the blue background and the sentiment to a panel of card to fit the frame. 

I layered up Rebel's hat, boots, umbrella and the flower. 
Next I created the decoupaged layers by fussy cutting some of the elements of the images and layering these onto my base image using adhesive foam squares. 
To finish off the image I have added some stickles to the flower centre, raindrops and the puddle.
 

Once the frame had dried I used a small amount of gilding wax gently rubbed over the frame to give it a distressed look, before adding my completed Rebel decoupaged image to the frame





I have a very special DT discount code that you can use for all your shopping on the Polkadoodles online shop at checkout use WENDYJ-10 and you will get 10% of your entire purchase (not in conjunction with other discount codes!)


I hope that you like my upcycled project today using Rebel Girl by Polkadoodles and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles pre-coloured digital image - Rebel Girl Soaking Wet - Sketchy
Frame
Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture paint - Clotted Cream
Pebeo Gilding Wax - Empire Gold
Stickles - Diamond






Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x