Tuesday 20 August 2024

Halloween card - Ghastly Ghosts - Digi Choosday with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday. I hope you are enjoying the week so far.  Even though were still enjoying the Summer here, as crafters its time to start thinking of Autumn and Halloween!





It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!





The theme set for the DT this week is to create a Halloween or Autumn themed card so I decided to create a Halloween card
.  We don't really celebrate Halloween but I have enjoyed making a few cards over the last few years, so I decided to use the Ghastly Ghosts from the Hocus Pocus collection for today - these cute little ghosts are definitely not Ghastly!

This is a DL shaker card, created with 3 little circular apertures, behind each window I have stencilled in black ink a spooky pattern using the vortex stencil.  For an extra spooky feel I have hand drawn little cobwebs on the acetate for each little window. 

I chose 3 of the little ghosts, printing them out and colouring them with my spectrum noir pencils in a bright lime green colour so they definitely glow.  I used purple card stock to create little frames around the windows and filled the shaker with purple and clear iridescent sequins. 

The finishing touches were little highlights of white pen and gold sparkle pen on the ghosts and I used a grey metallic pen for the spooky sentiments.


I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from for Polkadoodles.



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:

Polkadoodles digital stamp - Hocus Pocus - Ghastly Ghosts
Polkadoodles digital paper - Gnome Trick or Treat - Paper set 2
Polkadoodles digital Sentiment - Gnome Trick or TreatSentiment Bundle
Polkadoodles Creative Stencil - Funky Vortex grid
Lisa Horton Crafts Dies - Nested Torn Edge Slims
Distress Ink - black soot
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - white, black, metallic grey, gold
Spectrum Aqua pen - purple
Craftelier sequin mix







                      


                      

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x