Friday 1 December 2023

Merry Christmoose with Patties Creations

Happy Friday everyone I hope that you are all well and have had a lovely week.

Well December is here and we are putting up our decorations today - we always aim for the first Friday in the month, I love putting the decorations up and watching a Christmas film to get us into the spirit.

I hope that if you make your own cards you are nearly finished as its not long today - especially if you are posting cards.  A lot less people send cards these days, blaming the cost of the post but I think its definitely worth it once a year.

Here's another idea for a card if you are still making them.

The first Friday of the month also marks the start of a new Challenge for December over on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog 




The challenge runs from the first Friday of the month and its an Anything Goes challenge or our theme for December is Winter around the World, as long as you use a digital or stamped image in your project, so why not join in the challenge.

Winners of the challenge will receive 2 digital stamps of your choice from Pattie's shop.

Pattie has some wonderful digital stamps in her Etsy Shop pattiescreations and there is also a freebie every month on the blog that you can use in your project if you want to!

For my December project, I chose the Holiday Reindeer digital stamp and chose to create a simple 5 " x 7"card.  I resized the image to suit and printed it out before colouring with Promarkers.  The sentiment at the bottom of my design panel is from Polkadoodles Elvis Wesley Moose collection

I then created a second panel blending distress inks to create a wintery sky, adding water splatters and then splatters of white ink for the snow.

I fussy cut the reindeer design, leaving a white snow bank at the base of the panel and then adhered this onto my sky background

To finish off the card I have added a touch of sparkle to his hat.

I do hope that you like my card for today and don't forget to join in with this months challenge over on the blog.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:

Pattie's Creations digital stamp - Holiday Reindeer
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Elvis Wesley Moose - Sentiment bundle
Distress Inks - weathered wood, tumbled glass, uncharted mariner
Winsor & Newton Calligraphy Ink - white
Sakura Gelly roll pens - white, black, metallic blue



Promarkers used :

Reindeer:        apricot, raw sienna
body

Antlers:           umber, burnt sienna

Hooves:           umber, burnt sienna
                       raw sienna, burnt sienna

 
Nose:               burgundy, poppy, lipstick red

Hat:                 china blue, denim blue, cloud blue
scarf                 forest green, bright green, leaf green



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant - loving the sky

    Hygz Tinz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x