Saturday 9 December 2023

Magic is in the Air with Pink Gem Designs

Hello everyone and a happy Saturday...I hope that you have had a great week and  are looking forward to the weekend.

Today I'm here with a Christmas card for Pink Gem Designs using a very cute digital stamp from the Christmas Kittens set of stamps.



This is a gorgeous set of stamps that includes 10 black line images and 2 sentiments.  If you prefer not to colour then there is a pre-coloured version also available.

Today's card is a 6" x 6" snow globe aperture card  with a wintery scene. This would make a perfect shaker card too.

I have created a landscape A6 (UK Size), resizing the image to suit and adding one of the sentiments, before printing out onto alcohol friendly cardstock.

I normally use Transotype Perfect Colouring Paper 250g/m for my colouring printing it out at a reduced black intensity of around 40%  to prevent any bleeding and give a softer grey outline which I prefer.





Once coloured in with my Promarkers (see below for the colours), I fussy cut the kitten and mouse image, before mounting this in the snow globe using foam tape for dimension.

To create the card I used a couple of nesting circle dies to create the aperture in a piece of cardstock and die cut a thin silver frame for the edge of the snow globe. I added snowy dots around the panel using a stencil and distress ink, blending around the edge of the panel also.


I used distress inks to create my wintery background splattering with white ink for snow before adhering this to the card blank behind the aperture window. 

The Christmas trees are pre-coloured ephemera from my collection of Polkadoodles images, fussy cut out and adhered to the background.

I've added extra sparkle to the Christmas trees and the pom pom of the mouses hat and added gems to the snow globe base and around the scene.

I really hope that you like my  card today and it would be lovely if you you leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Pink Gem Designs digital stamp - Christmas Kittens
Polkadoodles Ephemera - Bella Bear Christmas - Christmas Bear Ephemera
Echo park designer stencil - Christmas Cheer
Winsor & Newton Calligraphy Ink - White
Lisa Horton Crafts - Sentiment strip
Distress ink -  tumbled glass, uncharted mariner
hillside mask
Sakura Gelly Roll Pens - black, white, clear star, metallic pink 
Pretty Pink Posh Gems - Sugar Plum
Cosmic Shimmer - Cosmic Twinkles - Icicle Blue




Promarkers used :

Kitten:            salmon pink, pale pink
                      ice grey 4, 3 00

Mouse:            salmon pink, pale pink
                       warm grey 4, 2 1

Mug:                burgundy, poppy, lipstick red
                       walnut

Clothes:            forest green, bright green, leaf green
                        burgundy, poppy, lipstick red

                      
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x